Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper top hardware question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadGlue
Does the round rubber washer fit between the bumper and the bumper top, or does the rubber washer go onto the stud after the top has been fitted between the washer and the bumper? PET doesn't show the order in any usable detail.

I fitted it both ways and am second guessing myself here.

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
mepstein
between the bumper and the bumper top
RoadGlue
Thanks!
RiqueMar
Resurrecting this thread. I was installing my bumper-tops today, and consulted the service-manuals I have. I've purchased the 914Rubber rubber washers, but don't see them in the 'exploded' view in the workshop manual....

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Shown in the PET.
If you find the part on our site we try to put the corresponding diagram for the part.
We didn't know these existed for quite some time as they tend to mash into the bumper tops.
They definitely fit better with them
Jett
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 15 2021, 07:43 AM) *

Shown in the PET.
If you find the part on our site we try to put the corresponding diagram for the part.
We didn't know these existed for quite some time as they tend to mash into the bumper tops.
They definitely fit better with them

+1 the fit after installing is much better and more aligned. Crazy how such a small item can make such a big difference.
rhodyguy
Aren't they supposed to fill the stud recesses in the bottom of the pad? I fixed a few good tops with twisted off studs. Had to pop those out everytime. Just reused them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.