Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Fuchs center caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nacho
Hello

I was given these caps as extras when I purchase some 911 wheels a few months back but only 3 of them. I’ve been trying to locate 1 to make the full set of 4 but I haven’t come across any that look the same. These are made from aluminum and are heavier than the other types of caps. The Porsche emblem is removable via two speed nuts on the back and the cap is held on to the wheel via 3 set screws that are tightened with an Allen wrench. Are the authentic Porsche caps or aftermarket?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
I believe those are aftermarket.
Nacho
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 18 2017, 11:14 PM) *

I had a feeling they were. The interesting thing is that they seem to be made better than the original ones.
sithot
QUOTE(Nacho @ Dec 18 2017, 11:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 18 2017, 11:14 PM) *

I had a feeling they were. The interesting thing is that they seem to be made better than the original ones.

Betting the originals are lighter which has always been a Porsche hallmark.

edrotol
QUOTE(Nacho @ Dec 18 2017, 08:56 PM) *

Hello

I was given these caps as extras when I purchase some 911 wheels a few months back but only 3 of them. I’ve been trying to locate 1 to make the full set of 4 but I haven’t come across any that look the same. These are made from aluminum and are heavier than the other types of caps. The Porsche emblem is removable via two speed nuts on the back and the cap is held on to the wheel via 3 set screws that are tightened with an Allen wrench. Are the authentic Porsche caps or aftermarket?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Aftermarket usually associated with Ralph Booth Design who is no longer around
Porsche people have them around but good luck on finding just one.
I have 2 mint but they are for 944’s
Nacho
QUOTE(edrotol @ Dec 19 2017, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Nacho @ Dec 18 2017, 08:56 PM) *

Hello

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Aftermarket usually associated with Ralph Booth Design who is no longer around
Porsche people have them around but good luck on finding just one.
I have 2 mint but they are for 944’s

Interesting! I guess these will be going up for sale soon.,I have no use for them. Any idea what they might be worth?
Mark Henry
I wonder if those are real 356 crests? IIRC they are smaller than 911 crests.
I'd take one crest off to check.
Mark Henry
From the pelican forums, all I can find so far.

Stormmaster
Original wheels and center caps were anodized...no paint or color of any kind on the center caps....some people hand painted the centers...another option was to buy center caps with 356 hood crests inlaid (which is what I have on mine)...later...people polished the anodized portions....some chromed...the factory never did.
burton73
Yo Nacho,

I have 3 of them as well. 3 of those and 2 with the caps painted by Al Read. The only thing is they are chrome plated. They where on my Carrera before. They are rare ( not a lot around) aftermarket with real Porsche crests. and I got mine on EBay 10 years ago or more.

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
type47fan
Hey Nacho, Bob (burton73) is correct. smilie_pokal.gif

I also have 4 of them, in chrome, that I will be selling shortly.

They came from a company called DESIGN 911UK. P/N 91136103279 (chrome)

They are available in painted silver, black, and chrome.

Current cost is about US$50.00/each. plus shipping.

Here's a link:

https://www.design911.com/Wheel-Cap-For-Fuc...ome/prod133691/

Installed on a 6X16 wheel:

Click to view attachment

Comparison with OEM center cap:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Compare with post #11 below. Notice that the cap differs from the OEM unit in that it is recessed, to allow the badge to nest into the surface.

Click to view attachment

Cheers!
johnhora
Mark I think you're on to something about these being a 356 crest.
I have two of them that are real Porsche late ring type hub caps with holes drilled in them and the crest attached. These are polished aluminum. The crest is about 40mm long.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
ya heres the one I have, thats a factory cap with holes drilled..sits proud to the cap..fugly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.