Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ethanol-Free Gasoline Database
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Minerva's 914
Ethanol is not your 914's friend, especially if your car sits for a long time. Find ethanol-free gasoline in your area.

https://www.pure-gas.org

Mark Henry
Easy test for ethanol, put gas in a glass jar , add 10% water, shake and let settle to bottom.
No change in water volume = no ethanol, water doubles in volume = 10% ethanol. Water separates the ethanol from the gas.
sithot
I use Sunoco Optima for long term storage. It has a very good shelf life.
jcambo7
How accurate is that database though?
914Sixer
Murphy and or Wal Mart is now carrying regular gas WITHOUT ethanol at select locations.
SixerJ
No more ethanol free fuel here anymore

Had to replace all the lines on the 911 again this year. This time I ditched originality for safety and ethanol proof hose. Wurth hose was lasting about 2 years before failing / car constantly had a fresh leaks. Really annoying mad.gif
GeorgeRud
It seems that newly designed fuel systems can tolerate the ethanol laced fuels better than our old systems (especially carburetors), but nothing seems to really thrive with ethanol fuels. They’re OK for a daily driver, but be sure to add a fuel stabilizer to a car that’s going to be used infrequently.
pvollma
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 20 2017, 05:13 PM) *

It seems that newly designed fuel systems can tolerate the ethanol laced fuels better than our old systems (especially carburetors), but nothing seems to really thrive with ethanol fuels. They’re OK for a daily driver, but be sure to add a fuel stabilizer to a car that’s going to be used infrequently.

I've been adding this to my gas each time I fill up. At 1/2 oz per 5 gallons, it's fairly economical. You can buy it by the gallon and refill the smaller bottles with the dispenser caps. I use it in my 88 MB 300SEL, too.

Ethanol Defense
porschetub
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Dec 21 2017, 09:46 AM) *

No more ethanol free fuel here anymore

Had to replace all the lines on the 911 again this year. This time I ditched originality for safety and ethanol proof hose. Wurth hose was lasting about 2 years before failing / car constantly had a fresh leaks. Really annoying mad.gif

I read somewhere the German Cohline rubber hose has been failing rather too early.
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Dec 20 2017, 12:49 PM) *

How accurate is that database though?

As with most free internet resource it all depends on user to seed and update the database. The date of the last update is listed so if you find out that a station is or is not selling EF fuel then update it. Here in NC the updates seem to be often.
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(pvollma @ Dec 20 2017, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 20 2017, 05:13 PM) *

I've been adding this to my gas each time I fill up. At 1/2 oz per 5 gallons, it's fairly economical. You can buy it by the gallon and refill the smaller bottles with the dispenser caps. I use it in my 88 MB 300SEL, too.

Ethanol Defense

Useful info, just ordered a 32oz bottle
76-914
I checked some website for places on CA with pure gas. Only two places in the whole damned state and both were Marinas in northern CA.
douglastic
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 22 2017, 12:18 PM) *

I checked some website for places on CA with pure gas. Only two places in the whole damned state and both were Marinas in northern CA.

the pure-gas.org site from the OP lists quite a few SoCal options:
Orange, Apple Valley, Anaheim, Westminister, Downey, Riverside . . .

I have not yet confirmed any yet tho.
SKL1
Ordered the ethanol defense- will see how it compares to Stabil 360. I've used that web site but I don't think it does much good in Maricopa county in AZ as I'm pretty sure "oxygenators" or ethanol are required by the state for certain times of the year. It may be different in other AZ counties.
When in IA a lot of stations advertise they don't have alcohol which is nice, even in a state where ethanol is king because of the farmer lobby!
Amphicar770
If you live within certain distance of major metro areas it is not available. Funny how the Midwest states which produce this crap made sure they are exempt from using it. Farmers did not want it destroying their expensive equipment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.