Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail Panel Porsche Crest/Badge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AnthonyM
I've got a number of 914's and one of them has small metal Porsche crests/badges in the middle of the sail panels. The dimensions are approximately H: 1 5/8" W: 1 1/8". Has anyone ever seen these or know where they came from? I doubt that it matters, but they are on a 1973 2.0. Click to view attachment
sithot
Once had a 914/6 I was working on where a previous owner had added these. Not original just like any added hood crest.
mepstein
But if it’s a real orange bar crest, it’s worth about $500
JmuRiz
I had one on the back of my car...I believe they are 356 hood handle crests.

I guess I should compare them on mine (if I can find it in my pile-o-parts), surprised I never thought to hold them side-by-side to look confused24.gif
AnthonyM
Here is a better picture of the badge. I'm not sure if it's an orange bar, since this car was outside for quite sometime and could have faded.Click to view attachment
Mike Fitton
Yes that is an early 356 hood handle badge and it is an orange bar one. Not a $500 badge but probably still $250 - $300. Here is one on Ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-HUF-6569-...4iL&vxp=mtr
Cairo94507
Could be worth a couple hundred dollars. IMHO they look terrible on our cars. I have seen 914's with these added all over the place front, rear, sides, interior, you name it. Looks terrible to me. If I were going to give a "pass" to someone, it would be for the front hood and then it would have to be installed correctly and not 1/3 of the way up the hood.
AnthonyM
I don't care for them on our cars either and will remove it when I get to restoring the car. This car has 2 of these on it...one on each sail. Thanks for the information and let me know if anyone needs them.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 21 2017, 09:04 AM) *

Yes that is an early 356 hood handle badge and it is an orange bar one. Not a $500 badge but probably still $250 - $300. Here is one on Ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-HUF-6569-...4iL&vxp=mtr

agree.gif If it is a real one. Repros are cheap. I hate seeing cars with Porsche crests all over. We know what you are driving.
Larmo63
agree.gif

I don't like the look of badges on 914s. They look especially terrible on the sails.
914Sixer
There was a decal on 1973 European cars with out the appearance package on the pillar. I remember seeing it on the Max Moritz cars for Radio Luxemburg. Have to hunt for photo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.