Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber Artwork limited edition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
We retired the master tooling we used when hand casting for the turn signal lenses and these things are just too beautiful to throw out. I'd say they are suitable for framing.
I imediately thought of Ken Esterle who without his help the Dash top would not be possible,

Thanks again,
Merry Christmas !
Andyrew
Thats just too pretty smile.gif
Mikey914
Don't think Ken has seen this yet, but I think he'll like it. We used this master to make production molds with the steel tooling we don't need it anymore. If ken wanted to he could start making his own lenses biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
santa_smiley.gif
euro911
That would be an awesome santa_smiley.gif gift for Ken ... aktion035.gif

bigkensteele
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 21 2017, 01:14 PM) *

We retired the master tooling we used when hand casting for the turn signal lenses and these things are just too beautiful to throw out. I'd say they are suitable for framing.
I imediately thought of Ken Esterle who without his help the Dash top would not be possible,

Thanks again,
Merry Christmas !

Just saw this - THANKS for thinking of me!!! I am honored!

Can't wait to see it on my wall!

Glad I could be a part of bringing a part back to life and helping out the community.

santa_smiley.gif
Mikey914
I thought you might appreciate it. It's the least I can do. It's still a good mold too!
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 23 2017, 08:53 PM) *

It's still a good mold too!

Well, I guess we will be in competition soon. May the best man win!

Thanks again Mark - I have enjoyed everything we have worked on. I will be posting a bit more of your stuff soon...
bigkensteele
santa_smiley.gif

Click to view attachment
RoadGlue
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Dec 28 2017, 03:30 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif
bigkensteele
Still trying to figure out how these work. These are obviously the "outside" molds that I assume would be used to make the actual molds that would accept molten plastic. What material would the actual molds be made from - silicone?

I have absolutely no plans to go into the turn signal lense business, but I would love to have a better understanding of how my new art once worked.
euro911
You pour orange-colored water into one mold (#1 of 2), then assemble the two pieces and place the fixture in your freezer.

When frozen, you open the mold, remove your ice cube turn signal lens and place it in your favorite beverage vessel ... idea.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Dion
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 28 2017, 04:56 PM) *

You pour orange-colored water into one mold (#1 of 2), then assemble the two pieces and place the fixture in your freezer.

When frozen, you open the mold, remove your ice cube turn signal lens and place it in your favorite beverage vessel ... idea.gif

popcorn[1].gif

Ha Hahahahahah av-943.gif needed that after seeing Oldschools thread about his poor house.
Mikey914
These are used to make the 2 sides of the silicone mold. The plastic is then put into those molds. You could use to make chocolate lenses.
oldschool
QUOTE(Dion @ Dec 28 2017, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 28 2017, 04:56 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Ha Hahahahahah av-943.gif needed that after seeing Oldschools thread about his poor house.

blink.gif piratenanner.gif
Mikey914
We've upgraded many of our tools for high speed production methods. Allowing us to go head to head with URO, make no mistake we have started laying down parts in the Mercedes market, if you look at the reviews of their previous products, it's been easy to step in. That and doubling up our efforts to make more new stuff we all need at even better pricing!

Sleepin
Mercedes Rubber dot com reminds me of a stripper I once knew. laugh.gif
burton73
When it comes to Stripers there are a lot of Mercedes and Porsches.

Bob B
Mikey914
And a few Lexus's as well....or so I've been told.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.