Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Fresh Air System, Complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GregAmy
Complete fresh air system from a 1974 2L. As removed from one of them there racey cars. Everything: box, tubes, cables, controls, the works. Only thing it seems to be missing is the side dash outlets, as those were already removed by a prior owner. I can look around and see if I have some in the parts stash, if needed.

I know we're supposed to put numbers on this, but I have absolutely no idea where to price it; feedback appreciated. All proceeds go back into said racey car! wink.gif
bdstone914
Any idea as to why there are two speed holes in the air box?
GregAmy
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 22 2017, 05:46 AM) *

Whaaa....? Ah!

I bet I know: He installed an oil cooler in the front of the car, but the Improved Touring regs do not allow holes to be cut in the bodywork to vent it (nor allow removal of the fresh air system). Along with washering up the aft end of the trunk lid a tad bit and removing the seal across the top of the "firewall" (between fuel tank and trunk areas) I bet he cut those holes to help vent pressure.

Of course, base of windshield is a high-pressure area, so who knows how effective that was. Thanks for pointing it out!
etcmss
interested----price?
gary
bdstone914
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Dec 22 2017, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 22 2017, 05:46 AM) *

Whaaa....? Ah!

I bet I know: He installed an oil cooler in the front of the car, but the Improved Touring regs do not allow holes to be cut in the bodywork to vent it (nor allow removal of the fresh air system). Along with washering up the aft end of the trunk lid a tad bit and removing the seal across the top of the "firewall" (between fuel tank and trunk areas) I bet he cut those holes to help vent pressure.

Of course, base of windshield is a high-pressure area, so who knows how effective that was. Thanks for pointing it out!

What I see in there that has value is the blower motor if in good shape and the slider controls. One of the vents is missing a tab. They often get broken upon removal. Probably better to sell off pieces as not many will need all those parts unless putting a gutted car back to stock. And those part are correct for cars with dash vents.
Good luck with the sale.
GregAmy
Thanks, Bruce!

Gary, I'm game for any reasonable offer. I'm not looking to get rich, just make it worthwhile for me to box and ship. I see no reason why these should be tossed in my garage attic to gather dust (and I don't really foresee needing them for my street '74...which by posting that means I'll probably need them 32 minutes after dropping off the box at the post office...)

Send me a note, grega at pobox dawt com
GregAmy
Anybody want this stuff? Want to make it go away, and not into a dumpster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.