Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: moving front brakes to rear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
My actual question is:

Is it the early or late style of front caliper that should be used to bolt to the rear when choosing this modification?

OR... is it both.. I guess what I want to know: Do they both have the same offset to work?
(I've heard of mounting washers behind the caliper, and I know I once had spacers on a rear rotor.. )

TIA
brant
Brad Roberts
Both will work.

I feel the laters ones are a tad easier since they dont have a banjo fitting like the earlier calipers.

I "think"... I didnt use washers as spacers.. you just need to install the mounting bracket that used to hold on the "shield". It unbolts from the "shield" so you can use it by itself.

B
Aaron Cox
what are you doing for a handbrake then brant?
Brad Roberts
Its a race car... leave it in gear or a block of wood...LOL

I have seen people use line locks in the past.. just dont leave it on a incline with the line lock set for very long (they bleed off over time)

B
campbellcj
If I ever remember, I can look at/take pics of the 73 fronts on my car. I am pretty sure there are few spacer washers to center the caliper better in relation to the rotor. But this may be "optional".
airsix
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 8 2003, 09:58 PM)
Its a race car... leave it in gear or a block of wood...LOL

I have seen people use line locks in the past.. just dont leave it on a incline with the line lock set for very long (they bleed off over time)

B

Lots of us here in the Pacific NW run carerra calipers and no e-brake on our street cars. I haven't had an e-brake for 3 years on my daily driver. I've actually been considering taking the 'A' calipers off the back and using the spacers from them in my old original rear calipers to make vented rears with e-brake. I'm undecided. No hills around here so it's a low priority.
-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.