Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 in the snow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
I'm just going to leave this here, this should put you in the right mood for Christmas ...
biggrin.gif

PS: Make sure you turn the sound up and view it in full screen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcgu4xedAjs

Jett
The Baja 1000 wasn’t that scary!
johnhora
Love It!!! w00t.gif

Thanks for posting...just what I needed on a grey winters day!

FEARLESS Driving!

Some quick hands

914Sixer
Holy Shit! How did he find the road at that speed going into the sun. I lost the road.
bbrock
Holy stromberg.gif !!! I live on a road that looks just like that for 6 months of the year, but... new_shocked.gif I want to know what tires they are running. I'm going to guess Nokian. Amazing what these modern studless snow tires can do on really cold snow and ice.

Thanks for posting.
Mueller
Look how calm the passenger is!
jcambo7
You beat me to it Andy! I was just about to post this. first.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 22 2017, 10:10 AM) *
Amazing what these modern studless snow tires can do on really cold snow and ice.

I'm pretty sure they are running spiked tires, i did read about their 911s a while ago and they mentioned spiked tires in that article.

I'm just glad to see that they added a 914 to their stable.
driving.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 22 2017, 11:29 AM) *

Amazing what these modern studless snow tires can do on really cold snow and ice.

I'm pretty sure they are running spiked tires, i did read about their 911s a while ago and they mentioned spiked tires in that article.

I wondered about that and am sure you are right. The new studless tires beat studded every time. But not even they can stop that fast on ice. I squirmed in my chair when they hit that pullout to turn around.
ValcoOscar
Very cool....

We had snow here in Temecula a few years ago....I may have to try this if we get some this year...shit, car not done yet!!!

Click to view attachment

Oh well, thanks for the link,

Oscar

QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 22 2017, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 22 2017, 11:29 AM) *

I wondered about that and am sure you are right. The new studless tires beat studded every time. But not even they can stop that fast on ice. I squirmed in my chair when they hit that pullout to turn around.

BeatNavy
QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 22 2017, 01:36 PM) *

I squirmed in my chair when they hit that pullout to turn around.

I actually did as well.

That was intense. Now I'm looking forward to some real snow this winter smile.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 22 2017, 12:14 PM) *

Look how calm the passenger is!

agree.gif They both seem pretty relaxed! Another day at the office....
minndodger
Very cool.
mmascari
Does anyone know if you can save a Youtube video locally to your computer? That is one worth saving.
SKL1
Sure sounded good too!! Used to deal with that white crap in IA, in AZ, not so much !!
poorsche914
QUOTE(mmascari @ Dec 22 2017, 03:56 PM) *
Does anyone know if you can save a Youtube video locally to your computer? That is one worth saving.

Save YouTube Video

Just enter the youtube video URL and then click the download link. type.gif

driving.gif
Cairo94507
OMG! That is just crazy. smilie_pokal.gif
Maltese Falcon
Ice racing in Norway 928/ 32v 928 with MSDS Gen2 exhaust headers, looks just right ...in the Holiday Season !Click to view attachment
sb914
WOW! driver has some mad skills, I know if I was the passenger I would have without a doubt stromberg.gif my pants !!
Thanks for the post andy!
Downunderman
This is quite insane as well, but without the snow: http://www.caradvice.com.au/450418/subaru-...filiate_program
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif driving.gif
914-300Hemi
That was a great video. Thanks for sharing.
EdwardBlume
That's takes practice and coconuts.

Interesting steering action. w00t.gif
cary
Yes, studs on all fours.
Richard looks pretty comfortable. And he's got skills.

The car is stationed at his Ice Driving school/playground in Sweden.
http://www.belowzeroicedriving.com/
rgalla9146
I'm in a ski lodge at Mt. Tremblant watching this....the roads are snow covered....on Christmas Eve.
Excellent.
larryM

I want to know what tires they are running.

i'd like to see ALL the specs for this car "as-built-to-purpose"

how similar to the Monte Carlo cars??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.