Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914 tub
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mlindner
Just an off the wall question. If you could buy a reconditioned 914 tub, all rust addressed, welded panels, seam sealed and primed....ready to paint and reassemble. What would you pay. Best, Mark
mb911
QUOTE(mlindner @ Dec 22 2017, 03:30 PM) *

Just an off the wall question. If you could buy a reconditioned 914 tub, all rust addressed, welded panels, seam sealed and primed....ready to paint and reassemble. What would you pay. Best, Mark

Like a body in white?
Mike Bellis
If it was perfect? $8k-12k. With hood, doors, trunk..
burton73
Some guys are putting in so big money in there cars.

A 911 body in White?

Not the same but a guy could by a Camero or 55 57 Chevy Conv. body in Primer.

from Real Steel for $19149.00
Qty:
Add To Cart
Add To Wishlist
Item Inquiry
Tell A Friend
1955 Chevy Convertible Body Skeleton With Dash, Quarter Panels, Doors, Deck Lid & Convertible Top Frame
(0) Reviews: Write first review
SKU: C55CD-13CTF
Complete New Steel Body Skeleton With Dash
Includes Installed Quarter Panels, Rear Deck Panel & Tailpan
Includes Installed Hinged And Fitted Doors & Deck Lid
Includes Convertible Top Frame & Mounting Brackets (Assembled & Boxed, Ready To Install)
Carefully & Expertly Assembled Right Here In The Factory In The USA
Built With 25% More High-Strength Spot Welds Than Original
Assembled Using Our Exclusive Platform & Precise Fixtures
GM Officially Licensed Product

Bob B
peteyd
A body in white would have to sell for more than 20k for the manufacturer to make any money. I don’t think the 914 crowd is ready yet. The 356 and 911 crowd I think is willing to pay because those cars are so valuable.

We are currently working on a 356 speedster chassis. Slowly recovering the cost of all the tooling by selling the pieces individually. Then we will sell repair sections, like the rear end of the chassis or the front half. Huge expenditure involved here, and the only way to keep going is by selling the pieces individually to cover costs until a full chassis is able to be built.

Pete
ablesnead
I think he is asking if there is a market for a titled completely restored and primed body...not a newly manufactured body in white...something for the non welding,non metal fab guy to build with
Cairo94507
$20K would have been a fair price when you add it all up for what you would be getting.
mb911
20k would be a deal..

If a body in white the vin swapping would get this crowd all worked up..
GregAmy
QUOTE(mlindner @ Dec 22 2017, 06:30 PM) *

What's the VIN?
76-914

With complete documentation of the work done or with the sellers promise of a rust free chassis? beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 23 2017, 11:36 AM) *

With complete documentation of the work done or with the sellers promise of a rust free chassis? beerchug.gif

As you can see in Cairo’s part 2 thread, it’s almost impossible to say “rust free” unless you remove body panels.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 23 2017, 08:09 AM) *

It's a schlippery schlope ...
popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 23 2017, 11:09 AM) *

20k would be a deal..

The wealthy people call it a “rebody”. Sounds so much nicer. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Factory used 914 shell, install NOS fenders and NOS quarter panels minimal rust repair, e-coated would be 20k if you could get lucky and find parts.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 23 2017, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 23 2017, 11:09 AM) *

20k would be a deal..

The wealthy people call it a “rebody”. Sounds so much nicer. biggrin.gif

Is that like if you're broke and crazy, you're just crazy, but if you're rich and crazy, you're eccentric?
hot_shoe914
I will sell you one with steel flares and paint for $15K

Shoe
beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 23 2017, 09:39 PM) *

Shoe
beerchug.gif

Donald - I thought you were giving it to me.

Merry Christmas.
ablesnead
Well that answers that !....Someone is selling the perfect tub in the classified ...asking 8500.00
mb911
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Dec 24 2017, 09:53 AM) *

Well that answers that !....Someone is selling the perfect tub in the classified ...asking 8500.00

Thats a deal..
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 24 2017, 01:22 PM) *

QUOTE(ablesnead @ Dec 24 2017, 09:53 AM) *

Thats a deal..

It’s a steal. Start building right away vs. the restoration that most of us have to do. Easy to spend $8500 on paint.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 23 2017, 10:38 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 23 2017, 09:39 PM) *

Shoe
beerchug.gif

Donald - I thought you were giving it to me.

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Mark.
Cracker
Mark - Are you considering selling your project?

Tony
mepstein
QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 24 2017, 09:30 PM) *

Tony

Tony - Donald has a very nice flared shell that he’s set aside. One day it will be mine. biggrin.gif
I don’t sell, I buy. beerchug.gif
Cracker
Wrong Mark, Mark...I was referring to the OP. biggrin.gif

Tony

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 24 2017, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 24 2017, 09:30 PM) *

Tony

Tony - Donald has a very nice flared shell that he’s set aside. One day it will be mine. biggrin.gif
I don’t sell, I buy. beerchug.gif

rgalla9146
A brand new reproduction steel 1932 Ford roadster body has been available from Brookville Roadster for 10 + years ~ $12,000.
No VIN issues, it's only the body.
It consists of possibly 25 separate stampings .... pretty simple compared to a 914
A complete new reproduction 914 body ?.....many, MANY, more parts.
Plus VIN issues for both the manufacturer and the buyer.
Any company with the skill and the means will do an early 911 first.
But probably not.
mepstein
Dansk is working towards every panel for a 911. Not an easy task with so many versions of the body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.