Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repeating first post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Is there a way to turn off the repeating first post on a thread? When this feature showed up the last time, I edited the long intro to my build thread to save a lot of scrolling to get to the new stuff. Then it looked like that feature went away, so just two days ago, I restored the long version of the intro on my thread. And now the repeating first post it back. headbang.gif Is there a way to turn this off on a thread? confused24.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 23 2017, 09:29 PM) *

Is there a way to turn off the repeating first post on a thread? When this feature showed up the last time, I edited the long intro to my build thread to save a lot of scrolling to get to the new stuff. Then it looked like that feature went away, so just two days ago, I restored the long version of the intro on my thread. And now the repeating first post it back. headbang.gif Is there a way to turn this off on a thread? confused24.gif

Brent (or anyone else) --

You're probably in "linear mode." That happened to me somehow last week. In the thread just now go to the right and find the "Options" button. Click that, and there are several options for how to view the threads. Select "Standard." That fixed it for me.

Sometimes I end up in "Outline" mode, and that's usually because I've reached a 914World thread through google. You then have to switch back to Standard in those cases, too.
bbrock
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 24 2017, 06:49 AM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 23 2017, 09:29 PM) *

Brent (or anyone else) --

You're probably in "linear mode." That happened to me somehow last week. In the thread just now go to the right and find the "Options" button. Click that, and there are several options for how to view the threads. Select "Standard." That fixed it for me.

Sometimes I end up in "Outline" mode, and that's usually because I've reached a 914World thread through google. You then have to switch back to Standard in those cases, too.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif That's it! Thanks Rob!
BeatNavy
thumb3d.gif
theleschyouknow
cool
yeah, thanks rob. been wondering about that too
merry christmas!

beerchug.gif
cjl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.