Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: but pretty damn cool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledboy
So a guy I hang out with in the courthouse is a car nut too, but he's big on euro cars. He has a pile of cars, including a 2005 Range Rover, an 1982 Bentley Continental, a 2004 Mini, a 19??Jenson Interceptor and his new 2005 Bentley Continental GT. drooley.gif

Now I consider this guy a friend, but up until today, I had never been to his house, or he to mine. We were talking last week, and I was yanking his chain about buying a freekin' 160k car that I have no idea how he can afford, and he says he's going to be gone for a week, and I should drive the new Bentley for him while he's gone. ohmy.gif w00t.gif driving.gif So he brought it over today, and when I dropped him back at his house, he said "it better have at least 500 miles on the trip before he gets back" Then he hands me the key to the Mini, and tells me feel free to swap cars during the week if I want. w00t.gif boldblue.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
aircooledboy
driver side
aircooledboy
interior
redshift
Man! Ford makes a swoopy looking.. what's that again? biggrin.gif

Nice dood, I have friends like that... and then there's you guys.. laugh.gif

wink.gif

M
aircooledboy
engine.
Think he'd miss it if I borrowed it for a teener swap. laugh.gif drooley.gif
TimT
WOW!!!

That is sweet!!
redshift
WOW! Under the hood never looks like it used to!

Unreal.

M
aircooledboy
BTW, it's all wheel drive. laugh.gif

Really. confused24.gif
redshift
huh.gif

What the heck are you waiting for? LET'S SEE WHAT SHE'LL DO IN THE MUD!?!!!

smile.gif

M
a.munoz3
hmmm....... what would i do with a 12 cyl. bently? clap.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ May 29 2005, 05:09 PM)
he said "it better have at least 500 miles on the trip before he gets back" w00t.gif boldblue.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

Better do as he says or he'll have Guido take care of your knees... laugh.gif

Don't check the ashtrays, or the trunk...

I would video tape this experience, uhh maybe not.. happy11.gif
Qarl
Do some spinouts in the gravel!!! Yeehaw!

Regards,

Qarl

P.S. - Miles... fix your Messenger!
URY914
I hear those are the offical cars of the NBA.

P wink.gif
ChrisReale
be careful ohmy.gif
URY914
QUOTE (ChrisReale @ May 29 2005, 06:04 PM)
be careful ohmy.gif

yo,yo,yo
rick 918-S
Ya man! wub.gif The big "B" machine! aktion035.gif The Big "B"! aktion035.gif It's Goin DOWN! It's gettin ready yo happen! Big Dawg Pit Bull Stlye! rocking nana.gif Holler! A-Hert! mueba.gif The Boy has arrived! monkeydance.gif
ChrisReale
Yo dawg, you mess my ride up, imma beat yo ass
redshift
QUOTE (Qarl @ May 29 2005, 09:52 PM)
Do some spinouts in the gravel!!! Yeehaw!

Regards,

Qarl

P.S. - Miles... fix your Messenger!

I can't make it login?

They hate me... I marked their "from the MSN Team" email as spam.

laugh.gif

M
Joe Bob
Does that model come with the european auto suck option???? cool_shades.gif
boxstr
Hey Go out and see the remake of "The Longest Yard" You may just wnat to park the Bentley after the cop chase scene. laugh.gif
CCLINADAMSANDLER
rich brennick
Looks like Grey Poupon on those burned up hot dogs for the Holiday Weenie Roast. Make sure you swipe some on the leather! biggrin.gif

Oh, and buy a big fat Cuban cigar and hang out at the local land fill... smoke.gif
Rich
balljoint
I've got some big news, the bank finally came through,
And I'm holding the keys to a brand new Bentley Continental GT
Have you been outside? It sure is a nice night
How 'bout a little test-drive, down by the lake?
There's a place I know about, where the dirt road runs out
We can try out the all-wheel drive
Come on now whata' ya say? Girl I can hardly wait-
To get a little mud on the tires

Very cool. I'd hit every drivethrough in town and pay with loose change.
aircooledboy
Well, the charade is over. sad.gif Returned the Bentley today (see new avatar laugh.gif )

The first few days, I mostly thought that if I had $157K, that was not how I would spend it. But then, I actually started to DRIVE the car. driving.gif WHOLEY crap. w00t.gif

I honestly thought my V8 was pretty close to as fast as a car as you would see on the street, now I'm not so sure. My V8 could beat this car in a 1/4, but beyond that, I don't think so. One day I was getting on the highway, and stomped it to see what was what. ohmy.gif I am not kidding, it hurt my back when the turbo's kicked in, and I was going 120 before I looked at the speedo. ohmy.gif After that, I started to really see what this car could do, and it was incredible.

There were a couple beautiful days here last week when I wanted to drive my car, but felt like I ought to drive the Bentley, being a once in a life time chance sorta deal. But now that it is gone, I can say for sure, if I had a spare 157 large, I would buy one in a heart beat. aktion035.gif

On the plus side, when I brought the Bentley back, Jim told me he was really in a car-space jam, and I'd be helping him out if I took the Mini for a while. He might have been lying, but I was glad to help out. She ain't a Bentley, but it's awful good fun. driving.gif

And Dave, the drive thru w/ change idea made me laugh until my eyes watered. Friday, I went to Arby's and paid for my Market fresh combo with quarters and dimes. chairfall.gif monkeydance.gif

And now, back to spending every penny I have raising a family. wub.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jun 6 2005, 08:28 PM)
On the plus side, when I brought the Bentley back, Jim told me he was really in a car-space jam, and I'd be helping him out if I took the Mini for a while. He might have been lying, but I was glad to help out. She ain't a Bentley, but it's awful good fun. driving.gif

Tell me . . . Where exactly fo you find friends like this biggrin.gif

Seriously congrats on the loaner. Glad you enjoyed it. I always thought a Bently would just be kinda boring to drive driving-girl.gif
balljoint
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jun 6 2005, 09:28 PM)
Friday, I went to Arby's and paid for my Market fresh combo with quarters and dimes.

That is funny.

mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.