Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire Size and location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Couldn't locate this using search or PET. 73 2.0L has the oil temp sender on the motor but the wire was clipped off by the DAPO and I have the 2.0 gauge in the dash with no temp wire.

From memory I remember seeing a post somewhere showing the wire goes from the sender to a plug in the harness just north of the shift lever. True / False? All cars or just those with the console instruments?

If I have to run a new wire or find the old one what wire size and color am I looking for? Pictures of the connecting plug too, if it's supposed to be there and you have one.

Thanks!
bbrock
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 24 2017, 04:25 PM) *

From memory I remember seeing a post somewhere showing the wire goes from the sender to a plug in the harness just north of the shift lever. True / False? All cars or just those with the console instruments?

True, at least for cars with console. I just repaired mine. The wire is green with black stripe and is 0.5mm/20 gauge.
JeffBowlsby
I have that cable available for $26 +shipping. Let me know.

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/

iankarr
The sender goes from the taco plate to a plastic connector box / green wire (I believe with black stripe) under the battery. The green wire then goes to another plastic connector box near the shifter where the console harness plugs in (pic below).

Click to view attachment
bandjoey
Are the connectors at the shifter for the dash instruments, the console gauges, or both? i.e. are they in all cars?

Jeff, is your wire the one from the dash down to the shifter? Looks like it, just checking.
JeffBowlsby
I have both wires available. 1.) from the sender to the connector under the battery tray (you had asked for this one). 2.) from the console to the dash gauge (this one is for the cars without the console and the oil temp gauge is in the combo gauge in the dash.

73-76 cars only.

The console area connectors are for the console gauges only.
bandjoey
Thanks Jeff. Be in touch after the New Years. When it warms up a little I'll pull pull up the carpet and see exactly what I need. Merry Christmas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.