Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen 3.2 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GeorgeRud
Our good friend Eric Shea had a 3.2 engine stolen by some lowlifes out of the back of his pickup truck today. Be on the lookout for anyone suddenly selling a 3.2 for a ‘good deal’. Supposedly missing an alternator and lower valve covers.Click to view attachment
euro911
WTF ??? ... that sucks slap.gif
ric birks
Sons of bitchs. So sorry to hear this. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Ric.
bdstone914
Is the serial number known?
ValcoOscar
Terrible news, agree.gif we need serial number so we can be on the look out here on the west coast.

So sorry Eric..hope you had insurance.

Cairo94507
I hope they identify, locate and arrest the thief or thieves. Best wishes Eric.
thelogo
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 24 2017, 09:45 PM) *

Our good friend Eric Shea had a 3.2 engine stolen by some lowlifes out of the back of his pickup truck today. Be on the lookout for anyone suddenly selling a 3.2 for a ‘good deal’. Supposedly missing an alternator and lower valve covers.Click to view attachment

Why are the cops there ?

Not likely they will recover the stolen property

Sad to say but you should know better then leaving a pork chop in front of a wolf

If you find tbe guy who did it i wouldn't envolve the authoritys

This is more my speed . Even though i dont think they were Albanians

https://youtu.be/-U0YdUZMZSM

https://youtu.be/lZVDYTehzqE

Vincent vega in the house , my n.......
jmitro
Oh man that really sucks! Best wishes getting it back.

I would always call the cops to report a theft of substantial value. If nothing else to document it for insurance claim.
steuspeed
Someone would have to know the value to pull that off. Most engines not worth that kind of effort.
ric birks
Multi man job as that engine is much to heavy to move by ones self.
burton73
Car thefts are scum of the earth but Porsche car and Porsche deserve a special place in hell.

These P Eng. And P parts are worth some serious bucks, any 6 are.
We all have to make sure that we have the right insurance.
I changed my insurance to Hagerty a couple of months ago making that anything like this would b covered.

Thieves come in all levels. Some would break your window to steel your phone charger.

Old story of Porsche crime. Some of you may not of been born but I remember this very clear. April 26, in 1982, a gunman robbed rock star Rod Stewart on Hollywood's Sunset Boulevard and stole his $50,000 Porsche.
The British singer and his 3-year-old daughter were standing next to his black 1977 Turbo Carrera when a gunman demanded the keys. Stewart complied, but the gunman couldn't start the car because of an electronic anti-theft device, so he ordered the musician to start the car for him.

Bob B
ar15.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(ric birks @ Dec 25 2017, 03:41 PM) *

Multi man job as that engine is much to heavy to move by ones self.

If the engine is on a pallet it’s a one man job. Back up to truck with a pickup, slide over. I do it all the time. Move engines, not steal them.

Hopefully Eric gets the engine back or insurance covers it. I will certainly tell our contacts on the east coast that there is a hot 3.2 that someone wants to unload.
Morph914
Sorry for the loss, eyes and ears open in the north Florida area.
EJ1970914/6
My 1986 930 was stolen in Montreal back in 2002 at F1 race. Still looking for that car. Was black Black sports seats worked 3.4 Motor Ruf wheels.
I was left standing in the parking lot and no way back to NY.
Sucked real bad.

To Eric just remember what comes around goes around. They thief or thiefs will pay in someway or the other. Would anyone in your area have Video cameras if so that could help to see who pulled in and out.
burton73
Some one stole my 1973 911s in 1979, 500 miles after I rebuilt the engine. I thought my world had ended. I was made hole by my insurance company AAA but nothing for all the time I had put in rebuilding the Eng. 500 miles before that night, I was just going to change the brake-in oil from the rebuild.

In the car was all my dirty clothing as I lived by myself and it was go to the laundry mat night. I was 27.

Make sure that your car insurance will cover you in almost all situations.

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.