Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Shop Grand Opening
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
McMark
Just wanted to extend the invite to everyone. We're having a grand opening. It's a very exciting time for us and would like to share it. Please stop by if you have a chance. biggrin.gif
redshift
Congrats! Best of luck with your business!

I probably won't make the Grand Opening. smile.gif

M
McMark
DAMMIT! Oh well, we'll raise a glass to ya Miles. Thanks for the well wishes.
Trekkor
let's talk about the BBQ... chowtime.gif

KT
Allan
Can I leave my car there??? You can fix it all up and I'll tell everybody you guys did all the work..

Good advertising. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Hey Mark and Brandon!! wavey.gif Congrads boys! smilie_pokal.gif Have a Burger for me would ya. And take photo's for us all! clap.gif
SirAndy
i'll be there. with a long list ...

smash.gif Andy
spare time toys
Best of luck to you smilie_pokal.gif Wish I could come past. beerchug.gif Take lots of photos.
Trekkor
You will all freak out when you see their shop.

Tons of work space and the paint booth... drooley.gif

KT
boxstr
Hey Guys Have a great Grnand Opening. And have fun.
CCLINCAMP914
Jeroen
Mark/Brandon,

Good luck with the business and don't forget to post a gazillion pics of the grand opening!
watsonrx13
Congratulations Mark and Brandon. I wish you well on your new shop...

Long live the 914s..... biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Uh...what does the business do? blink.gif
bondo
Aww, man. I'll be in the wrong state that weekend. (Oregon) Have a burger for me! smile.gif
Rhodes71/914
Good luck with the business guys!
mike_the_man
Way to go guys! You'll do fantastically! Wish I could be there.

beerchug.gif
neo914-6
Mark,

Just in case I can't attend can you list your services and experience that you and Brandon offer?

media blast - what type
welding - types
show quality / custom paint blends
sheet metal fabrication
you're working on powder coating
sound systems
fiberglass?
ChrisFoley
smilie_pokal.gif Good luck guys! smash.gif welder.gif blowtorch.gif
I won't be there on the 18th but I'll raise one for ya at the post race party. beer.gif
McMark
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jun 1 2005, 11:14 PM)
Mark,

Just in case I can't attend can you list your services and experience that you and Brandon offer?

media blast - what type
welding - types
show quality / custom paint blends
sheet metal fabrication
you're working on powder coating
sound systems
fiberglass?

Sure Felix,

1. I'm looking into a media blasting cabinet. They're kind of expensive and I've bought a lot of toys lately. But powder coating isn't really possible without bead blasting. So stay tuned on this front.

2. I'll be building my oven this week and getting up and running with the powder coating.

3. I have an anodizing setup that I also need to get organized on and run some test pieces through.

4. I have experience with and access to stick, gas, MIG, and this month I'll be getting a TIG machine.

5. I know a thing or two about stereos. There are professional stereo installers who know more than me, but there's also plenty of professional stereo installers that know less than me. wink.gif

6. No fiberglass.. yet... I'll be getting into this this year. It's been in the back of my mind for awhile now and it's time to start experimenting.

7. Engine assembly is also on my plate. I'm building a six right now and I have a few fours coming up. Also coming up, a Buick engine and a BMW 2002 engine. wink.gif

8. I have a 30" vinyl cutter, but it seems like most of the 914Club has vinyl cutters now. biggrin.gif

9. Plus all the disassembly/reassembly type things including rebuilding/restoring the subsystems such as heater control boxes, blower motors, etc. Everything is carefully cleaned and restored back to perfect working condition.

Brandon does top notch paint work. Meticulous body work, smooth panels, glassy paint. He's definitely has tons of natural talent and a meticulous attitude which turns out some great work. His paint work is already better than almost every "professional" paint job I've seen and his skills are still growing with every job. I have to say that it's an honor to be associated with such a skilled craftsman.

Between Brandon and I we have every aspect or restoration covered. If we could bring in an upholstery person we would have the complete package in house, but we have a great relationship with a very skilled local shop, so it's no real loss. We've been friends since high school and it's great to be able to share this amazing experience together. This year has been both challenging and rewarding. I'm looking forward to the next 6 months and the future.
Mark Henry
Good luck guys! smilie_pokal.gif

Mueller
1. I'm looking into a media blasting cabinet. They're kind of expensive and I've bought a lot of toys lately. But powder coating isn't really possible without bead blasting. So stay tuned on this front.

Do you have a good compressor?

If so, just buy a new nozzle/gun for my cabinet (34x22x20 or so) and pick the cabinet up this weekend at my place, you can also pick up the steel beams I have for you.

I'm going to try my hardest to make the grand opening since I missed your last BBQ
jgara962
It's great to see someone from the club with a shop in Napa. I'll try and make it for the grand opening, but am sure it won't be long before I'm down there with something that needs fixin'.

Good luck! aktion035.gif
McMark
Oh yeah. We've got a nice compressor. 120 gal, lay down, 3 stage compressor. Can handle two air tools running full time and still only comes on for short bursts. boldblue.gif Nice schtuff.

Thanks Mike, I'll do that. I'll owe ya some powder coating. wink.gif
bondo
QUOTE (McMark @ Jun 2 2005, 01:15 AM)

3. I have an anodizing setup that I also need to get organized on and run some test pieces through.

Be careful with anodizing. As a business the EPA will come down on you hard if you aren't properly disposing of waste. I have heard about people doing home anodizing, and then start to sell a few things, and somehow the EPA found (and fined) them. That's what made me give up on that course of action. Well, that and my less than stellar success rate. smile.gif
McMark
Thanks for the warning. I always planned on doing the powder coating and anodizing at home because of the "issues".
Joseph Mills
Best of luck with your restoration venture Mark.

Maybe you can setup a "webcam" for opening night and post it here on the board... err... in the garage biggrin.gif

neo914-6
icon_bump.gif
Who's going?
tat2dphreak
best of luck guys!! smilie_pokal.gif when is the Dallas Branch opening? I'll come to that! wink.gif
jimtab
I will be in Monterey with my wife for our 37th anniversary so I can only wish you lots of business and paying customers, it doesn't sound like you'll need much luck...like Howard always says....sucess favors the prepared...have a great grand opening.....
McMark
The push is in full swing to get some projects finished up. The Jaguar E-Type should have a very very very nice coat of Dupont yellow two stage paint on it. The doors are done now and they look AMAZING. Worth a trip just to see this beauty. wink.gif Metalwork will be finished on the 56 Bug in about an hour. Hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone. laugh.gif Come EAT!
jet1
Have fun and good luck with the shop! smilie_pokal.gif
John Kelly
Congratulations on the new shop...best of luck!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
tiim5
Is anyone on the Peninsula or South Bay going to McMark's shop event this weekend?
I would like to drop off a car for Mark, I would appreciate a ride back to Menlo Park, or, I can offer a car for someone to follow me up and drive back together.
Thanks.
plas76targa
icon_bump.gif Mark - thought I'd kick this to the top for you. Nuts! I'm going to miss this as we have company in and we're gearing up for the big move. Best of luck to you and Brandon. I wish I was sticking around long enough to have work done by you guys.

Can you send me a picture of the tow bracket?
MartyYeoman
Mark,
Sorry I can't make your Grand Opening tomorrow.
I'll be busy reinstalling my tranny after fixing a rear main seal leak.
I'll be calling you soon. I have some Hell Hole work for you to look at.
sawzall-smiley.gif
McMark
Matt - Your tow bracket is done. I'll get pictures to you after I go home for lunch and grab my camera.
Mueller
I'll be leaving Antioch around 10am to head on up there.....got space for the blast cabinet and those metal pieces we talked about??
Dave_Darling
You would have to have the party the same weekend as the autoX school... sad.gif

--DD
McMark
Yeah, Mike bring em! boldblue.gif

Dave- You don't know the half of it. My Mom is visiting NY this week. She wasn't happy when she found out the date. There will be more events here this summer. I'm thinking swap meet sometime soon. wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (McMark @ Jun 17 2005, 05:28 PM)
Yeah

hey, Mr. Burger ...

what time should we arrive at your estate ???
idea.gif Andy
ChrisReale
QUOTE (McMark @ Jun 17 2005, 04:28 PM)
I'm thinking swap meet sometime soon

mmmm.....meat..... chowtime.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (tiim5 @ Jun 16 2005, 12:35 PM)
Is anyone on the Peninsula or South Bay going to McMark's shop event this weekend?
I would like to drop off a car for Mark, I would appreciate a ride back to Menlo Park, or, I can offer a car for someone to follow me up and drive back together.
Thanks.

Ed,

Menlo Park is not on my way back but I could alter my route. I can't stay at McMarks long, I have to be back to SJ around 1:00. Give me a call or email...

redshift
I'm with Chris...

chowtime.gif

Have a good, and decent feeding! Congrats again on the business Markee McMark.

M
neo914-6
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 17 2005, 05:03 PM)
I'm with Chris...

chowtime.gif

Have a good, and decent feeding! Congrats again on the business Markee McMark.

M

mueba.gif rocking nana.gif party.gif
Vibrations good like Sunkist
Many wanna know who done this
Marky Mark and I'm here to move you
Rhymes will groove you
And I'm here to prove to you
That we can party on the positiive side
And pump posititve vibes
So come along for the ride
Making you feel the rhythm is my occupation
So feel the vibration

Come on come on
Feel it feel it
Feel the vibration
Randal
Congratulations on your OPENING guys.

Was planning on coming, but forgot (senility??) I have AutoX school for two days.

Hey Brandon, did you talk to your cousin Mark yet?
McMark
Andy- 12:00 is what we've been telling people, but it's really an all day affair. Soda, Beer, Burgers, Dogs, Mmmmmm. burger.gif I'm excited. Bring me a key! tongue.gif

Randal- Brandon did talk to his Cousin. Crazy! My dad just met a long lost relative through his new girlfriend. So weird. wacko.gif
tiim5
Felix, I emailed you , I don't have your phone numbers.
I hope we can meet up tomorrow morning to drive to Mark's.
morph
congrats mark . smilie_pokal.gif
its better to be the man,
instead of working for the man.
the only diffrence now is youre boss is youre customer. wink.gif
james
neo914-6
QUOTE (tiim5 @ Jun 17 2005, 09:06 PM)
Felix, I emailed you , I don't have your phone numbers.
I hope we can meet up tomorrow morning to drive to Mark's.

Unless it's faster up to Napa through 280 and GGB from SJ, I plan to take 680. I am willing to drive you back so call me in the morning, I left you my number...
markb
Best of luck in your venture, guys! Wish I could come up, but the State says I gotta work this weekend. Your tax dollars at work. wink.gif Have a burger & a cold one for me. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.