Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trip/mileage cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal44
Next, next question. The PO stated the trip/mileage cable was frozen, sure enough, the knob would not turn. I removed the speedo and checked the trip (all my terms are wrong I'm sure so please bare with me). Gently inserted a small screw driver in the back, the trip works fine. So it must be the cable. Right?

The entire cable turns, housing and all, is that correct? I would think it would be a cable inside of the housing, like a speedo cable. So, something is amiss.

Opinions please

Who sells the cable? If that is what it is.

Best,
mike
Mblizzard
Not sure if it is available new might check the PET for part number or call your local Porsche dealer.
bbrock
It's weird, but the whole cable turns. But the mount that bolts to the dash should remain stationary while the cable and knob spin. Mine was all seized up. I had to soak it in penetrating oil and then take it apart and clean it up. Then it worked as expected. Wit the cable out of the dash, the mount should spin counter clockwise on the cable shaft but not the other way. So first, just try taking the knob and mount apart and cleaning it up.
mepstein
New ones are available but the cable is pretty simple so cleaning and lubricants no should work.
cal44
Thanks boys. Sound advice as usual. Will pull it out and give it a good soak and clean. I bet that will work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.