So sorry
oldschool
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Dec 28 2017, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 28 2017, 11:32 AM) *

headbang.gif

WTF.gif

You catch them?

So sorry

He tried to split but his car stop at the end of y driveway.
My wife and I where in the kitchen when it happen.
mepstein
Very sorry. Make sure your insurance company gets a structural engineer to asses the damage. I have delt with something similar and you want a pro involved, not just insurance adjuster. Hire one yourself if your company won’t pay. This is something you will need to disclose if you ever sell the house so it helps to have the right professional documentation.
pt_700
as my house sits on a corner, i worry about this.

perhaps some large landscaping rocks or less aesthetic bollards...

glad you're ok and it wasn't worse. my exposed corner features a gas meter, i see yours wasn't far away.
Krieger
Holy crap! I hope the cops get to chat with him.
IronHillRestorations
Honey!!! What are you watching on the TV?? Can you turn it down????

Seriously, though that stinks.
oldschool
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 28 2017, 11:42 AM) *

Very sorry. Make sure your insurance company gets a structural engineer to asses the damage. I have delt with something similar and you want a pro involved, not just insurance adjuster. Hire one yourself if your company won’t pay. This is something you will need to disclose if you ever sell the house so it helps to have the right professional documentation.

Thanks your right.
oldschool
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Dec 28 2017, 11:49 AM) *

as my house sits on a corner, i worry about this.

perhaps some large landscaping rocks or less aesthetic bollards...

glad you're ok and it wasn't worse. my exposed corner features a gas meter, i see yours wasn't far away.

Fire Dept checked it out no leaks, also City inspector came out that day oked it to stay(no red tag)

oldschool
QUOTE(Krieger @ Dec 28 2017, 11:51 AM) *

Cops said he is on parole for murder!, but this does not violate his parole. stromberg.gif
oldschool
Click to view attachment
cal44
I see cracks in the stucco, yep, structural engineer report, is that oil on the concrete and asphalt?......hazmat. Make a deal out of it, remain calm but steadfast in your approach and resolve.

You will get what you need to make this right but do not sign anything or take a check until all issues are addressed in writing.

Thank goodness no kids were out there.

Just an opinion.

P.S........if city or county inspections are required, you better get the vent pipe on that water heater up. I don't know what your local building codes are but the top of the vent is much to close to the roof. You need to add at least another 12 to 16 inches. It isn't safe as it is.
flyer86d
I agree with Mark. Insist on an inspection by a structural engineer who holds a Professional Engineers License in your state. If push comes to shove, his evaluation will hold up in court.

Charlie P.E., NY and NJ
ndfrigi
Good you and your wife are okay! Hope your house is liveable especially new year is coming! Take care Jaime!
bbrock
QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 28 2017, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ Dec 28 2017, 11:51 AM) *

Cops said he is on parole for murder!, but this does not violate his parole. stromberg.gif

Uhhh... but what about the drugs he was on that caused him to do this? confused24.gif
Mike Fitton
I see this is in the Garage Forum but it looks like he missed the garage. Was it at least a 914 he was driving? Glad everyone was ok and good advice above.
euro911
Dude screwy.gif

Glad to hear no one on your team was injured shades.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Dion
Sorry to see this. Glad no one was going outside at the time. What a way to end the year.
Damn fool. Hopefully he gets locked up again.
Good luck with the repairs.
Ed_Turbo
I remember when I was living at my parents we heard a loud crash at 3 in the morning while we were sleeping. The house shook like an aftershock and woke me up. I check outside to see what happened and two really drunk dudes hit a telephone pole in front of their house. One left the scene stumbling and the other backed up and drove away. The front end was messed up pretty bad.

If it didnt hit the pole it would of went straight through the fence.

Now that I think about it that happened like three times. Life in Los Angeles I guess.

Insurance will take care of it.

-Ed
oldschool
Thanks for all your input, Sorry about being in the garage, I wasn't thinking straight.
I was unaware of the water heater exhaust. I'm sure we will be addressing that real soon.
Normally I have a SUV park there, I just got back from the store and was going to gas up my wife Prius.....For real guys ITS MY WIFE PRIUS.
But again thanks for all the input.
914-300Hemi
Glad to hear that you and your wife are okay.
oldschool
Click to view attachment
'73-914kid
That's wild! Glad you guys are okay.. right into the kitchen too.

So you're telling my he's on parole for murder... and is an uber driver....?
oldschool
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Dec 28 2017, 08:37 PM) *

That's wild! Glad you guys are okay.. right into the kitchen too.

So you're telling my he's on parole for murder... and is an uber driver....?

Police said they use that alot its just a front. mad.gif
Rand
Stay diligent to protect yourself. Dang man, sorry to hear this. I had a similar experience with a neighbor. A psycho drove his mini van THROUGH their wall. Sent everyone in the neighborhood outside (broken gas lines) and down the street at midnight in freezing cold temps until they could determine it was safe.

It will pass. Hang in bro.

oldschool
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 28 2017, 10:28 PM) *

Stay diligent to protect yourself. Dang man, sorry to hear this. I had a similar experience with a neighbor. A psycho drove his mini van THROUGH their wall. Sent everyone in the neighborhood outside (broken gas lines) and down the street at midnight in freezing cold temps until they could determine it was safe.

It will pass. Hang in bro.

Thanks brother.

Sleepin
sad.gif Sorry to hear. Glad to know your family is safe! Hopefully your home is safe!

It always shocks me every time I see someone crashing a car into a building. It seems to happen a lot in my town.
EdwardBlume
Wow. That sucks. Is that an Uber logo?
Cairo94507
Sorry to see that some POS parolee crashed into your home. Hopefully the cops drew blood and he comes back under the influence of something so he can be charged. That should violate his parole. Of course the POS tried to flee. Did he have a valid license? Insurance? Those should be additional parole violations he has to face.

Sadly, our parole boards are more interested, generally, in letting inmates out of prison and not violating them once they are out. In CA they have had the "flash incarceration" law for a few years now and they can scoop one of these POS parolees up and lock them up for 10 days with no real explanation. Kind of like a time-out for them. I wish it were more like 60 days.

I agree with the structural engineer and I would fight to have the insurance company cover that inspection and report fee. I bet that was a hell of a jolt in the house.

Glad no one was injured. Hopefully the POS was hurt. beerchug.gif
r_towle
Sorry that happened to you, but it’s a cool story!
Now you get the pleasure of getting it all fixed.

oldschool
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 29 2017, 06:46 AM) *

Sorry to see that some POS parolee crashed into your home. Hopefully the cops drew blood and he comes back under the influence of something so he can be charged. That should violate his parole. Of course the POS tried to flee. Did he have a valid license? Insurance? Those should be additional parole violations he has to face.

Sadly, our parole boards are more interested, generally, in letting inmates out of prison and not violating them once they are out. In CA they have had the "flash incarceration" law for a few years now and they can scoop one of these POS parolees up and lock them up for 10 days with no real explanation. Kind of like a time-out for them. I wish it were more like 60 days.

I agree with the structural engineer and I would fight to have the insurance company cover that inspection and report fee. I bet that was a hell of a jolt in the house.

My insurance guy came by, Said we need an advance inspection from one of there high end guys, + a structural dude.
The first guy couldn't do it.
Montreal914
Looks like it’s going in the right direction and you won’t need to fight with your insurance...
Good luck.
mepstein
QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 29 2017, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 29 2017, 06:46 AM) *

My insurance guy came by, Said we need an advance inspection from one of there high end guys, + a structural dude.
The first guy couldn't do it.

Make sure you get copies of everything. Even if you don't sell for a long time, you'll want it for your records. If a county building inspector needs to sign off on the repairs once finished, get a copy of that too.
Maltese Falcon
Good to hear that you and Family are not hurt ; sounds like introducing a building -engineer to your insurance claim will guarantee that your home will be repaired correctly. California's senile Gov Brown's prop 57 has opened the flood gates with a "Catch + release" lifestyle for criminals...in this case your treasured home has been compromised by this thug. You can bet that Uber has a loose regard within their criteria in background checks for their drivers .
Happy New Year to you Jaime , have a great 2018 !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.