Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My latest project . Into it about 20 hours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so I've got a stack of 914 shirts from the different event's I've been to over the years. Just keeps getting bigger. Many of them I have multiple's of. As I start looking at the stack. I figure I need to do something I can enjoy with them. Cutting down my stack of shirts. While still using them in some cool way confused24.gif

I come up with a plan & I start cutting them all up wacko.gif . WTF would I do that you ask? I cut out the logo's & the backs. Setup my quilting boards. Clamped stuff up & went to town. This are seriously time consuming. After poking myself with all the damn needles. I did manage to get it all in place & thought it all looked good. Took off the top layer to sew all the shirts in place. Finished that & got it all back on the rack. WAs a little unsure how to do the border but I think I pulled it off. Anyway here are some pics. I will bring it to the next 914 meet I can get to.

So what do you all think. I know it isn't the typical project here. Plenty of 914 content though idea.gif
76-914
I like it Aunt Bea!
That is just great! I love it.
I could see it being on Antiques Road Show 2050
Way cool.
Sleepin
Awesome! Glad that I could be an unknowing contributor! biggrin.gif

Looks like a ton of great memories to me!
JRust
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Dec 28 2017, 08:29 PM) *

Awesome! Glad that I could be an unknowing contributor! biggrin.gif

Looks like a ton of great memories to me!

Your designs are featured pretty prominently piratenanner.gif
IronHillRestorations
Cool! I used to make a product for quilting (Q-Snap Frames) and hand needle arts. It was very good for several years, but after '01 it was a continual decline. Hand needle arts is a waning art. So nice to see you make something nice and functional out of your old 914 memorobilia.
Spoke
Way cool. I want one. How much?
JRust
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Dec 28 2017, 08:48 PM) *

Cool! I used to make a product for quilting (Q-Snap Frames) and hand needle arts. It was very good for several years, but after '01 it was a continual decline. Hand needle arts is a waning art. So nice to see you make something nice and functional out of your old 914 memorobilia.

Okay I can't take credit. My mother in law made this quilt for me. I love it & was super happy she put it together for me. I just thought it would be funny to see what comments might come my way for Quilting. I expected to get a little more stromberg.gif . Not that there is anything wrong with quilting mind you.
Aidan
Nice work, I wish I could sew.
wes
QUOTE(Spoke @ Dec 28 2017, 08:50 PM) *

Way cool. I want one. How much?

Took the words right out of my mouth! Really I believe that’s gotta be the coolest 914 art I’ve seen.
bahnzai
Wow! That is the coolest, most unique idea ever. Super jealous.
You have a pretty great mother in law, to tackle that project for you!!
somd914
Very cool beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
I'lll bet you are a whiz in the kitchen too.... av-943.gif

j/k - nice work and the quilt is likely pre=stained with oil
bdstone914
Are you going to use the Tee shirt now with a big square hole in the back? It could be a fashion statement like the girls jeans pre made with wear holes.
mb911
Umm it's neat .. Allot of work.
Krieger
Very cool! Now don't be using it as a car cover.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 28 2017, 10:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Dec 28 2017, 08:48 PM) *

Okay I can't take credit. My mother in law made this quilt for me. I love it & was super happy she put it together for me. I just thought it would be funny to see what comments might come my way for Quilting. I expected to get a little more stromberg.gif . Not that there is anything wrong with quilting mind you.

This is too funny. I honestly made the comment a few days ago that I need to do something with all the event shirts I have from over the years. My mother, who quilts (used to), said we should make a quilt out of them. I am going to show her this, so maybe there will be two 914 event quilts in the not to distant future. aktion035.gif
JRust
I came up with the Idea as my mother in law made quilts for all my kids for graduation. They used shirts from their years in school. From band, choir & sports. It was a great graduation gift they all use & love. When she finished my sons this summer. I jokingly said hey I have bunch of shirts you could do one for me. She smiled & said she'd love too. I think she said it take her about 20 hours.

It really is a great way to use our shirts for something cool. As far as where can you buy one. First off you need to have a pile of shirts. Then learn how to make a quilt or pay someone to do it. Not sure if my mother in law would be interested in doing that. It really would end up being a pretty speedy blanket. I probably have $200 in shirts alone in it blink.gif
sb914
Very cool. I've seen people do that with concert t shirts.
mepstein
If I did that to my 914 shirts, what would I wear? biggrin.gif

Looks great!
Mueller
Great idea.

I too have a few older "special" t-shirts that are too worn or small, my plan is to hang them up on the walls in the garage, not sure if in frames yet or just with a fancy coat hanger.
JRust
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 29 2017, 07:39 AM) *

If I did that to my 914 shirts, what would I wear? biggrin.gif

Looks great!

For me this was why it was a good idea. I have to many shirts from over the years. I never wear most of them. I typically get multiples from each event. I have a tradition of always wearing a 914 shirt when I am working on my car. So some of them get worn out & stained. Some I keep for just normal day to day & when we have a 914 meet. Even after my blanket I have more than enough to wear for all of that. Plus I haven't worked on my car since last April I think dry.gif . So I haven't been wearing them much either
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.