Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT group buy oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jd74914
I've heard that from some industrial plumbers here too (silver solder on medium pressure gas lines). Any reason they didn't braze or TIG them? Just curious.
mepstein
In the bicycle world, silver solder is used on high end tube sets because the low temperature wont change the hardness of the metal. I don't know if its the same for this application.
mb911
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 7 2018, 09:31 AM) *

I've heard that from some industrial plumbers here too (silver solder on medium pressure gas lines). Any reason they didn't braze or TIG them? Just curious.

They felt it met FAA specs and would work perfect for this application.. Also less leak possibility..
jd74914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 7 2018, 12:43 PM) *

They felt it met FAA specs and would work perfect for this application.. Also less leak possibility..

Very interesting. Thanks!
mb911
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 7 2018, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 7 2018, 12:43 PM) *

Very interesting. Thanks!

Very common in avaition oil lines/fuel lines where AN fittings are not used.. Plus a good solder joint is less likely to leak unlike Tig which can have small pin holes.

wes
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 6 2018, 04:24 PM) *

Looks amazing, I’m so happy you’re able and willing to put all the time involved in making this come about.
mb911
QUOTE(wes @ Feb 7 2018, 12:22 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 6 2018, 04:24 PM) *

Looks amazing, I’m so happy you’re able and willing to put all the time involved in making this come about.

It took all of your support and for me to find someone able amd willing to take the project on.. I was lucky to have had done business with this business for 15 years or so and he said he was willing to take it on as he has all the cohline fittings as well for the soft lines..

I guess it comes down to whom you know..
mb911
Wes,

Yours shipped today.. You should have yours tomorrow. 2 more sets will ship tomorrow..
wes
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 7 2018, 05:42 PM) *

Wes,

Yours shipped today.. You should have yours tomorrow. 2 more sets will ship tomorrow..

Yes,,, Baby received a inspiring package this morning and I’m very happy to say on our way to a cooler summer. Much thanks looking great!Click to view attachment
mb911
QUOTE(wes @ Feb 8 2018, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 7 2018, 05:42 PM) *

Wes,

Yes,,, Baby received a inspiring package this morning and I’m very happy to say on our way to a cooler summer. Much thanks looking great!Click to view attachment

Awesome.. Remember those are silver soldered ends so when tightening use a wrench to support the fitting.

Steve, Bates, John N yours shipped today..

I will also send invoices to all of you for your records. Also note that you will notice on the package whom I partnered with to build these. We will be the only 2 company s to buy from . They will not be available in any catalogs.. My new site will have them listed as well as we develop it. Www.914-6werkshop.com
mb911

Joe- proper service shipped today.
mepstein
It's too bad that 914's can't pull off the same look as 911's without rocker panels. Those hard lines are almost too nice to cover up.
wes
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 8 2018, 01:52 PM) *

It's too bad that 914's can't pull off the same look as 911's without rocker panels. Those hard lines are almost too nice to cover up.

My 86 911 had them underneath.
Other wise yes they are very nice looking but I’d like mine to be rather stealth or un noticed!
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 8 2018, 04:44 PM) *

Joe- proper service shipped today.

Thank you! Looking forward to receiving them.
mb911
Eric 914 yours shipped.
Norskpole

Steve, Bates, John N yours shipped today..

Grazie! Can't wait! drooley.gif
mb911
Installation picture.Click to view attachment
Steve
I just got mine today. Very nice!!
Norskpole
Received mine today....very nicely done!
Steve
Who’s going to be the first to install them? I am waiting til the next oil change, which will be this summer.
mb911
Just an fyi they are still working on finishing the fitting installs. Unfortunately I am unable to control the timeframes. I am told more sets will go this week..

I appreciate everyones patience..
sixnotfour
Ben, your the Hero........
tyfighter123
Any update on when these will ship?

Thanks
Tyler
mb911
QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Feb 27 2018, 07:03 PM) *

Thanks
Tyler

Talked with Clint yesterday.. He plans to complete everything this week and ship.. Very close to shipping second round.
tyfighter123
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 28 2018, 06:22 PM) *

QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Feb 27 2018, 07:03 PM) *

Thanks
Tyler

Talked with Clint yesterday.. He plans to complete everything this week and ship.. Very close to shipping second round.

Awesome thank you!
mb911
What shipped today

Tyler B
Jeffery B
Thomas D

mb911

Oh and make sure you clean the "crap" out of these before putting into service..
live free & drive
Does anyone know where to source this part:

Click to view attachment

Or maybe another part for Ben to add to his manufactory?
sixnotfour
Thats my GT I have the part, and a fiberglass mold half done..
mepstein
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Mar 5 2018, 04:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Yes, another piece for Ben to make.
mb911
I could definitely make that but again need a sample.. I also know it would not be cheap..

So who has a sample?
mb911
Martin
Pmb
Jon t yours shipped today.
mb911
Everyone that has paid should now have their oil lines..

Retail is now 690 plus shipping and are now in stock.. Thank you everyone.. Glenn yours and mine are on the way..
jkb944t
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 5 2018, 03:54 PM) *

What shipped today

Tyler B
Jeffery B
Thomas D

I got mine on Friday, unfortunately I haven't even had time to open the box. I guess it will be something to look forward to tonight.

Still have to procure the rest of the parts.

Jeff B
zig-n-zag
I didn't get my oil lines yet...

mb911
QUOTE(zig-n-zag @ Mar 15 2018, 11:45 PM) *

I didn't get my oil lines yet...

Yes sorry that was my mistake and should be shipping to you today. Just realized that I didn't send you a set 2 days ago when I went through all my invoices.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Mar 5 2018, 05:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Is that a factory part ?
My 'mother of necessity' version
mb911
Once I actually have a set in my hands and get them mounted I will make a mock up ..
mb911
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 17 2018, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(live free & drive @ Mar 5 2018, 05:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Is that a factory part ?
My 'mother of necessity' version

Found out today that these covers were not factory but rather 1 offs for each car.. I am going to make some if anyone is interested please email or pm me.. The more the better.. It will be my version so a bit different..

Patterns coming this week..

Also still have more GT lines for sale if anyone needs some let me know.
buck toenges
Does anybody have pics of where the entrance and exit holes are supposed to be for the oil lines? I would love to see where the holes from the front trunk should be, where the holes through the inner rockers are, and where the two holes from the engine compartment to the side rockers are. I would also like to know the dimensions of the holes. Is there any printed information out there?

Thanks,
Buck
mb911
QUOTE(buck toenges @ May 9 2018, 12:46 PM) *

Does anybody have pics of where the entrance and exit holes are supposed to be for the oil lines? I would love to see where the holes from the front trunk should be, where the holes through the inner rockers are, and where the two holes from the engine compartment to the side rockers are. I would also like to know the dimensions of the holes. Is there any printed information out there?

Thanks,
Buck

Here is what most doClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
SixerJ
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 9 2018, 10:02 PM) *

Thanks,
Buck

Here is what most doClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Just to add to Bens pictures, hardlines at the back just hook around and under the rear chassis member as it sweeps upwards. In the frunk they poke out lower right through the vertical tank to storage metal divider

Google pbase 914-6GT and get lost in Armano’s site loads of details there on what you need to find and how to assemble. Also Cairo's current build thread in the garage, Kent is detailing the oil line hole cuts right now

Word of warning though, doing a full blown factory replica GT system is not for the feint hearted and consist of very rare, hard to find parts that get expensive really slowly (because you have to piece the puzzle together as you find the parts)

Bens hardlines are one of the biggest missing parts as totally unique to the GT, many of the other factory parts come from early 911S

Alternatively you can use Bens lines and more modern solutions for the rest of the plumbing. Just depends on what your trying to achieve

Good luck

mb911
QUOTE(SixerJ @ May 9 2018, 10:07 PM) *

Thanks,
Buck

Just to add to Bens pictures, hardlines at the back just hook around and under the rear chassis member as it sweeps upwards. In the frunk they poke out lower right through the vertical tank to storage metal divider

Google pbase 914-6GT and get lost in Armano’s site loads of details there on what you need to find and how to assemble. Also Cairo's current build thread in the garage, Kent is detailing the oil line hole cuts right now

Word of warning though, doing a full blown factory replica GT system is not for the feint hearted and consist of very rare, hard to find parts that get expensive really slowly (because you have to piece the puzzle together as you find the parts)

Bens hardlines are one of the biggest missing parts as totally unique to the GT, many of the other factory parts come from early 911S

Alternatively you can use Bens lines and more modern solutions for the rest of the plumbing. Just depends on what your trying to achieve

Good luck

agree.gif

I also like this set up for the less expensive t stat route.Click to view attachment
mb911
Still have a bunch of these available.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 10 2018, 06:31 AM) *

QUOTE(SixerJ @ May 9 2018, 10:07 PM) *

Thanks,
Buck

Good luck

agree.gif

I also like this set up for the less expensive t stat route.Click to view attachment

Yes, the factory 911 thermo is readily available and dirt cheap compared to any single part of an original GT system.
My plumbing came about because a 911 thermo appeared to be a good fit for the
area where all the 'action' takes place in a 914 chassis.
The challenge was to collect and modify many standard 911 plumbing parts
and jig them up with the the thermostat, the engine, oil tank, left side long lines and all interference issues considered.
I then tacked all the parts together.
When satisfied that it would work I had it all mig welded and plated.
It is not quick and easy.
I do like to fabricate.
Rory
mb911
Looks great to me and will likely go this route with my kits.
mb911
Still have 15 sets of these let me know who wants to make a deal on these..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.