Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT group buy oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mb911
Click to view attachment

We have an exact copy.. The fittings need to be put on the ends with silver solder after cutting to length.. I will be reaching out to everyone that has shown interest to get a set or two. Please feel free to call ,e-mail, pm me if you dont hear from me.. Below is the cooler that I will be building the soft lines for..

Click to view attachment
davehg
Ben, any sense on the cost of the cooler?

Eagerly awaiting the oil lines! My 2.7L has been shipped out for machining so we get a breather to focus on the oil lines, motor mounts, and engine tins, and try to figure out a cost effective twin plug ignition....
mb911
QUOTE(davehg @ Jan 24 2018, 07:35 PM) *

Ben, any sense on the cost of the cooler?

Eagerly awaiting the oil lines! My 2.7L has been shipped out for machining so we get a breather to focus on the oil lines, motor mounts, and engine tins, and try to figure out a cost effective twin plug ignition....

Thinking oil cooler and soft lines are gonna be. 800-1000 or so.. I am shooting for a turn key complete set up for 2200 that would be all oil lines from the engine to cooler and cooler.
mb911
All interested parties should have been PM'd at this point about the group buy. I will run the group buy through the 2nd and then it will be regular priced at that point.

also regarding what parts are in process.

Front oil cooler, and front lines approx cost $8-1000
engine soft lines cost $285
Engine hardline $190 (back ordered again)
T stat (we need to figure that out yet)
oil cooler shrouds etc (next project)
jd74914
What is the ID of the hard lines?
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 25 2018, 09:14 AM) *

All interested parties should have been PM'd at this point about the group buy. I will run the group buy through the 2nd and then it will be regular priced at that point.

I replied to the original "GB oil lines" thread and didn't know that it was going to go this far. Please count me in for this package as I'm going to need it all. Thanks. I've been following this and would like to see it thru as things progress to t-stat and shrouds etc...
Thanks for doing this. I appreciate all the time, energy and know-how that you are putting in to get it done, not to mention the dedication to this community.
mb911
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jan 25 2018, 06:47 AM) *

I replied to the original "GB oil lines" thread and didn't know that it was going to go this far. Please count me in for this package as I'm going to need it all. Thanks. I've been following this and would like to see it thru as things progress to t-stat and shrouds etc...
Thanks for doing this. I appreciate all the time, energy and know-how that you are putting in to get it done, not to mention the dedication to this community.

Joe did you get my PM as well?
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 25 2018, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jan 25 2018, 06:47 AM) *

Joe did you get my PM as well?

Yes. I just got it. Thanks
wes
Paypal sent thanks much!
mb911
QUOTE(wes @ Jan 25 2018, 12:15 PM) *

Paypal sent thanks much!

Thanks got it..

Also if people are sending checks please send me a note so I know how many to prep and package.
mb911
Also to clarify $650 shipped is the price which shipping is about 75-90 depending on location California residents that want them drop shipped will possibly be cheaper. I can find out..
boxersix
Is it too late to jump in for a set?
mb911
QUOTE(boxersix @ Jan 25 2018, 06:09 PM) *

Is it too late to jump in for a set?

Nope gonna run this deal until next Friday . PayPal or check works for payment

My email is mbconsulting21@gmail.com
mb911
So not sure what happened with all my pms to interested folks but wanted to check in as I thought there was more people interested?
Steve
Maybe you should start a running list of who was interested and who paid that everyone can check against.
davehg
Two questions I had:

It looks like using the cast oil lines will mean that part of the oil line will run through the cabin (on the lower left of pedal board) and into the firewall then into the "frunk"
as is shown here rather than running up through the fenderwell and into the "frunk". Is that right? Or did I get that backward? And brackets to attach to rocker included?
mb911
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 26 2018, 10:56 AM) *

Maybe you should start a running list of who was interested and who paid that everyone can check against.

Thats a good idea.. Will do tomorrow..
mb911
QUOTE(davehg @ Jan 26 2018, 11:49 AM) *

Two questions I had:

It looks like using the cast oil lines will mean that part of the oil line will run through the cabin (on the lower left of pedal board) and into the firewall then into the "frunk"
as is shown here rather than running up through the fenderwell and into the "frunk". Is that right? Or did I get that backward? And brackets to attach to rocker included?

Dave,

I am doing the GT hardlines just as the factory did.. The only difference is they are made of stainless steel which can withstand much more abuse then brass..

I will make brackets as well but one step at a time.. This was a hugely expensive undertaking so have to recoup along the way..
SixerJ
QUOTE(davehg @ Jan 26 2018, 07:49 PM) *

Two questions I had:

As Ben says, install is exactly as per factory and period correct. Hardlines enter through the inner rocker then front soft lines run inside round the wheel well and through to the frunk in the corner

This is a killer deal for the hardlines, I came close to acquiring a brass set and they were kicking on to 2.5x Bens price and that was years back when I started to collect parts. Brackets are cheap and come up on eBay all the time / not expensive new. Just regular 911 oil line brackets that go on the rocker

Pic from a U.K. based GT
Click to view attachment

Ben, got the PM will reply and get monies over to you
Bates
Ben,
I'm in for 1 set too.
Thanks for the good work!

Cheers,
Bates
mb911
One more addtion to this deal is that if anyone wants a second set I will sell you that set for 450 but they must ship together.. This allows for me to hit projected volume and maintain pricing after the group buy is done..
mb911
So here is the list of interested and paid folks. Please review and let me know if you see an error.

Boxersix
Steve (paid)
Davehg
Sixerj (pending)
Ecke Liebhaber (pending)
Wes(paid)
Retroracer
Beach914
Eric914
Pmb( pending)
Einars garage(pending)
Tdskip
Joe proper(pending)
Buck Toenges
Porbmw
Norskpole (paid) john? Pretty sure I am right on that..
Martin Baker(pending)

As I said please check to make sure I am correct.
mepstein
Put me on the list. smile.gif
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 27 2018, 01:11 PM) *

Your on the list just didn't put on here.. It was the internal list.. biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 27 2018, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 27 2018, 01:11 PM) *

Your on the list just didn't put on here.. It was the internal list.. biggrin.gif

I’m always on somebody list. sad.gif
JOEPROPER
Ben, payment made as usual. Thanks.
mb911
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jan 27 2018, 03:07 PM) *

Ben, payment made as usual. Thanks.

Sounds good thank you Joe
Norskpole
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 27 2018, 12:42 PM) *

So here is the list of interested and paid folks. Please review and let me know if you see an error.

Norskpole (paid) john? Pretty sure I am right on that..

As I said please check to make sure I am correct.

You are correct Sir! beerchug.gif
mb911
John thanks for clarifying..

There is still a week for people to jump on this group buy.. I will be stocking them moving forward but won't be at this price..
SixerJ
Ben sent you a PM - payment made
eric914
Payment sent:)
mb911
QUOTE(eric914 @ Jan 30 2018, 02:41 PM) *

Payment sent:)

Received
tyfighter123
Ill take two sets with the discount.
mb911
QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Jan 30 2018, 08:47 PM) *

Ill take two sets with the discount.

Sounds great.

And for those looking for pictures here they are after being bent.. Silver soldering the ends on over the next few days after triming to length.Click to view attachment
tyfighter123
Pm me with info for payment so I can get you paid.
jkb944t
Payment has been sent.

Jeff B
geno999
please count me in for ( two sets) thanks ....
zig-n-zag
Add my name to the list, I'll take a set.
mb911
Thanks everyone for your support on this project..please read back a few posts for payment info..
tyfighter123
Payment for 2 sets, sent!

Thanks
mb911
I heard today that 1st sets will start shipping tomorrow.

These will be shipped in order of payment as they ate being completed..

Thanks again everyone.
Tdskip
Payment sent. Thank you again for doing this Ben.
wes
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 5 2018, 02:12 PM) *

Thanks again everyone.

Great news! Any word on the cooler and soft lines at this point?
mb911
QUOTE(wes @ Feb 5 2018, 08:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 5 2018, 02:12 PM) *

Thanks again everyone.

Great news! Any word on the cooler and soft lines at this point?

Not yet

I need to get a set myself so I can mock everything up 1st.
mb911
Here you go for a nice finished product..Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
mb911
Wow suprised no comments.. I think they look awesome..
jd74914
agree.gif They really do look nice, especially with the silver soldered metric ends.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 7 2018, 11:18 AM) *

Wow suprised no comments.. I think they look awesome..

Until you've had a part made, it's hard to understand the time and work that goes into getting it to this point. It's not like you can order one from column A and 2 from column B. Getting it done to exact original specs is harder still.
Norskpole
Sweet! Can't wait to get my set. biggrin.gif
mb911
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 7 2018, 08:34 AM) *

agree.gif They really do look nice, especially with the silver soldered metric ends.

I agree. The company I had build them said the silver solder was super expensive..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.