Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aim SOLO Mountining?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jmz
wifey gave me AIM SOLO for the holidays and looking to install it on the race car and looking for ideas.

Anyone have any photos they can share?
Cracker
Front and center...

Cracker

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Specracer
Suction cup / arm to the windshield. making sure not to block drivers right apexes, or at least up on dash in field of view. I personally like it higher than on the center of the wheel

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productde....asp?RecID=9542
jmz
Thanks Cracker. That's not a bad idea at all.
Matt Romanowski
If you have a cage, go with the v bar mount. Then you can mount it to the A pillar and have it lower left. Great spot. If you need help with it, let me know, I'm an AiM dealer. Matt@trailbrake.net.
naro914
I took out the speedo, made a plate to cover the hole, and mounted mine right there.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Specracer
Street car application, I have a suction cup mount to the windshield. Keeps it up high in a clear view.
jmz
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Feb 1 2018, 03:44 PM) *

If you have a cage, go with the v bar mount. Then you can mount it to the A pillar and have it lower left. Great spot. If you need help with it, let me know, I'm an AiM dealer. Matt@trailbrake.net.

Thanks Matt. I just did this very thing after considering fabricating a bracket. ...went to the Aim site a few days ago and then purchased from Winding Road Racing. Thanks for the offer. I think a good call...

I only wish I waited to buy the solo rather than having "Santa" drop one off since they just came out with the new model.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.