Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Cylinder Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dralf
Once the weather gets a bit warmer in Ohio I plan to replace my worn out master brake cylinder with a new ATE unit. My question to the group is do I need to "Bench Bleed" the unit before installing it ? I recall having to do something like that on a Honda Civic. If that is an operation that is necessary, where can I find info on how best to accomplish that, or will the MC unit purge itself as I bleed the brakes ?
fixer34
QUOTE(dralf @ Dec 31 2017, 01:18 PM) *

Once the weather gets a bit warmer in Ohio I plan to replace my worn out master brake cylinder with a new ATE unit. My question to the group is do I need to "Bench Bleed" the unit before installing it ? I recall having to do something like that on a Honda Civic. If that is an operation that is necessary, where can I find info on how best to accomplish that, or will the MC unit purge itself as I bleed the brakes ?

Skip the ATE unit and get one from Mikey at 914rubber. Spend the extra couple bucks for the 'ez install' option.
Mikey914
Bench bleeding is a process of pumping the bubbles out of the MC.

https://www.wikihow.com/Bleed-a-Master-Cylinder

Generic but you get the idea
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.