914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thelogo
How do i put something together
To hold the battery securly in place

Currently it just sits in stock location
Only gravity holding it down .

smoke.gif
rgalla9146
If the platform is still there you might only need the hold-down and a bolt...and a suitable battery.
Post a picture.
My pic shows the right hold down.....battery could use correct adapter.
thelogo
The tray is there and the bolt with the anchor ?

On 1 side only
burton73
That is it. It is not going anywhere. It is a snug fit and the lip is holding it down with the one bolt and the clamp.

Bob B
ndfrigi
the other side of the battery should also hold down by the inner side of the wheelwell. Not just from that battery hold down bracket

Click to view attachment
thelogo
QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 31 2017, 03:18 PM) *

That is it.

Bob B

Ok , i guess it is it

The battery is pretty solid , but i always thought it was supposed to have some sorta bar or strap over it WTF.gif
Mark Henry
What Battery? Stock, Optima, Odessey, Deka?

Stock pop it in and clamp it down. Optima you have to use a chunk of U trim (etc) over the stock tabs or it will cut into the battery. Other brands and front relocation may need a custom solution.
thelogo
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 31 2017, 09:25 PM) *

What Battery? Stock, Optima, Odessey, Deka?

Stock pop it in and clamp it down. Optima you have to use a chunk of U trim (etc) over the stock tabs or it will cut into the battery. Other brands and front relocation may need a custom solution.

Its a sealed die hard bat

Mark Henry
If it's square it's likely OK, but if you look at rgalla9146's pic you can see the slit hose he put on the clamp. It's to stop the clamp from sawing into the round cell. you must do this on both sides with Optimas. Also the Optima doesn't have the correct base and without the U trim (slit hose, etc) it bounces up and down creating more sawing action.

Ian Stott had a ruined Optima from the backside clamp cutting right into the cell. I replaced it with a Odyssey 925 and custom strap.
11tenths
Just another take- for the well heeled...

Click to view attachment

-HB
burton73
Sorry,

Clay put my 1st Optima
in when he was at Zims and there was a plastic piece to hold the bolt side. The backsides into the battery box and make the tight fit. I did need to cot some extra off the length of it. Just a little. Did nor cut into the case more than 3/16 to get it to fit.

That sucker is tight in the 76

Bob B
GeorgeRud
Definitely put in a hold down of some sort. When I used an Optima, I fabricated a bracket that fit around the round cellsby welding an cutting a piece of flat bar stock onto the stock battery clamp piece.

A friend had his battery tip over in his old Pontiac Firebird and the results were not pretty when the positive terminal contacted the body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.