Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A (arm) ok?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
I'm getting ready to upgrade the suspension and steering on my car with some great stuff from 914Rubber (videos to come). Once I got the old bushings off I discovered some rust pitting on one of the A-arms. It cleans up nice, but since so much load is focused on this spot, I thought I'd ask the brain trust whether these are OK to paint and use. It would suck to have it fail on the road. But I guess the trail of sparks would look pretty cool.

Thanks...

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I would blast it (get rid of all the rust) and then paint. The A arms are really thick steel.
914forme
agree.gif Good to go, if your worried about the surface the Elephant poly bronze and the Rebel Racing Bushings have sleeves that will clean that all up.

It is just like the sleeve you put on the crank of your old Chevy 350 once the front seal wore a grove in the crank. Makes it all better.

If your running something like 914Rubbers Bushings I would not worry. Clean them up, paint then, and your good to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.