Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S&S Headers Summary...(they don't exist)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Well,

I finally recieved my Header from S&S Headers today. From the look of the box I could tell right away it was not as advertised. Bingo...all I got was an exhaust part that goes in between the Heat exchangers and the muffler.

Upon calling S&S I was told that this particular part was indeed a header.
I of course argued that no it was not....all of thier other headers bolted directly to the head of the motor and was not a secondary part. Basicly, the part bought was a collector since it combined the left and right side of the motor exhaust into one exhaust stream.

They have agreed to refund my money for the part bought and the shipping. I recommended that S&S change thier description or supply pictures so that this does not happen in the future. He did not seem to agree.

Oh, don't bother asking if they will produce a traditional header for our Type IV's (or Six cylinders I'd say as well) since it was in his opinion that the head casting would have to be cut or removed to make room for the flanges.

I will give them credit for good customer support and when I did do a search on the 'net, I could not find anything negative about their products.

Time to spend the bucks on a real header for my Type IV <_<
jonwatts
You've gotten enough sheeet about this whole thing so I won't give you any more. You were curious enough about what they were selling to order one and now we all know what they're calling a header.

thanks
GWN7
What was the quality of the product? Well made?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.