Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with under engine fitments
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I have modified the tinware which covers the cylinders and heads and now I need to make the tin pieces to fit in front of the cooling fan. My problem is that as I have to make this from scratch I don't know how it fits, especially around the cooling fan and alternator.

I also have an issue with the passenger side e-brake cable. How does this sit in relation to the engine bar? Does it rest between the bar and chassis mount or does it sit up against the chassis mount?

Finally, I am looking for the cleanest way to run the fuel pipe up to the carbs and how best to sit the pipe across the engine to connect both carbs.

I've seen various images of this but differences exist and I'd like to know why.

Twin Weber 40 IDF set up with csp bellcrank linkage.
brant
the front engine tin pieces should be very cheap... (just expensive to ship)
are you sure its not worth buying a couple of used pieces for sale?

I've seen a lot of different routing for carbs/fuel

some use a return
others do not

technically a return is the better way and at least helps with cooling of the fuel enough to aid in vapor lock

I will look for an old diagram of different routings to link to your thread
brant
Dave_Darling
The engine tin should be pretty straightforward to get a photo or six of. Just use Google Images.

The E-brake cable should run on the underside of the trailing arm, I believe.

The carb fueling setup is pretty much however you want to do it. Most people seem to just run some fuel hose and let it lie where it wants or zip-tie it to stuff that's nearby. A minority will fab up a cross-over pipe, bead the ends, and run short hoses from the carb bodies to the cross-over.

--DD
brant
Here is an old thread
there are hundreds of discussions about fuel line routing

here

gms
nevermind
JFG
I tried to buy the tinware before but seller never came back to me.

I've found pics of the tinware from above and slightly up from side view but nothing from underneath. Anyone post one up?
rhodyguy
Can you take pictures of the tin mods you've made? The stock one is comprised of 2 pieces.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.