Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauging interest Hyd M/C brackets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dwillouby
Hello,
I am looking at producing some additional Hyd clutch master cyl mounting brackets again.
I will have to farm out to a shop to make as I no longer have access to a mill.
Bracket will be around $50.00. Trans bracket may be made as well. need final quote from m/s.
DavidClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
ablesnead
I would be interested in the whole kit....bracket (s)...master and slave..
bdstone914
[quote name='dwillouby' date='Jan 3 2018, 05:40 PM' post='2564027']
Hello,
I am looking at producing some additional Hyd clutch master cyl mounting brackets again.
Bracket will be around $50.00. Trans bracket may be made as well. need final quote from m/s.

If you laser cut that bracket it about be about $10. Offering a whole kit made sense. What clutch master does that fit ? What pedal set is used ? Many missing pieces to the puzzle.
dwillouby
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Jan 4 2018, 07:09 AM' post='2564185']
[quote name='dwillouby' date='Jan 3 2018, 05:40 PM' post='2564027']
Hello,

If you laser cut that bracket it about be about $10. Offering a whole kit made sense. What clutch master does that fit ? What pedal set is used ? Many missing pieces to the puzzle.
[/quote]

If laser cut is acceptable (finish not as nice as machined) cost will come down.
I used a pedal set from a 76 for the prototype.
This uses the standard Wilwood master cyl. I can supply a list of part numbers / vendors. I cant get a better price on the parts than anyone else.
Made and sold several of these in the past with no complaints.
David
ablesnead
part numbers will work for me..I find laser cutting to be excellent
913B
Subscribing to thread. I am interested.
Mueller
David,

Do you have a source for the laser cut parts? If not do you want me to get a quote for you for those being laser cut?

I have some parts I drew for someone else that I am sending off for quotes for a local shop to make.

No extra charge on my side, just pay for shipping and the parts with no additional mark up.
euro911
I purchased one of David's kits a couple years ago and couldn't be more happy with it

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dwillouby
Thanks Mueller for the kind offer but I have a local shop quoting me for laser cutting now.
Also thanks Mark for the endorsement.
Should have final quote soon and work out a price for the M/C and slave brackets, slave mounting spacer and hardware ( longer brake m/c bolts and slave mount bolt).
Wont get rich from this just fun to do.
Thanks
David
shoguneagle
I have used the Wilwood master and slave cylinders in making my conversion. Master 3/4 inch diameter; slave 7/8; believe the master cylinder model was the short version to clear the steering and bracing. The kit and mounting looks like my installation which is performing very well. Glad I made the conversion and not looking back

Very good looking kit and brackets.
dwillouby
Hello,

I finally have some parts available.

Set includes;

M/C bracket
Slave bracket
Slave mounting hardware and spacer
longer bolts for brake M/C
Mounting hardware for clutch M/C
Additional parts list.

$56.00 shipped USA

Thanks
DavidClick to view attachment
913B
To clarify will the additional parts list include :
- Which master and slave to buy ?
- Any other items needed (i.e. a hydraulic line from the master to slave) ?

What about the how to modification for the clutch pedal to master cylinder ?

Thanks

Ted
dwillouby
Yes the list details what parts are required.
I will provide a basic install guide.
Thanks
David
913B
Sorry, last question, how much cutting/modification is required ?
Would it be possible to reverse the procedure someday ? welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

Paypal ?

Thanks !! beerchug.gif
dwillouby
You will need to use a 1.5 inch hole saw for m/c access. and drill a small hole to allow a -3 line to pass through.

Paypal works

David
dwillouby
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.