Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter boot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J123young
I recently installed a center console in my 1974. The original shifter boot doesn't really fit. Does anyone have any recommendations for a after market one that works?
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(J123young @ Jan 3 2018, 06:05 PM) *

I recently installed a center console in my 1974. The original shifter boot doesn't really fit. Does anyone have any recommendations for a after market one that works?

Go to any reupholstry shop, they can stitch one up any size, any material and any color you want for chump change.
Steve
I would get the boot that is designed for the center console and then get a new one made, based on the old one. The one that came with it, I think is leather with a plastic base. Being that its 40 years old, you could use the plastic base and have a new one made. I don't know of an after market one. Do a WTB in the classifieds.
I might have a trasher one. I need to look.
J123young
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 3 2018, 08:19 PM) *

I would get the boot that is designed for the center console and then get a new one made, based on the old one. The one that came with it, I think is leather with a plastic base. Being that its 40 years old, you could use the plastic base and have a new one made. I don't know of an after market one. Do a WTB in the classifieds.
I might have a trasher one. I need to look.

Good idea. I'll post in classifieds
Steve
You can have this one for the cost of shipping. $15.00? USPS?
Click to view attachment
Maybe reuse the plastic base and use the leather as a template for a new one.
J123young
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 3 2018, 08:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I'll take it! PayPal?
Steve
PM sent with paypal address
J123young
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 3 2018, 08:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment

U

Thanks, I cleaned it up and installed it. I think it looks great.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
gothspeed
Wow! Fantastic looking interior!! smilie_pokal.gif
EdwardBlume
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Steve
Awesome!! Not bad for a 45 year old part. Looks great!! It won't fit on my Rennshift and does no good sitting in a box. Glad you were able to make good use of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.