Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in SoCal have a Celette Bench for 914s?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
I figure if anyone would know it would be you guys...
Elliot Cannon
Here. http://www.classautocenter.com/
Tdskip
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 6 2018, 04:24 PM) *

Well that was fast. Thank you Elliott.
Tdskip
I will call the shop on Monday, but how does the pricing on that work, is there a set up fee to check the cars dimensions etc. and then do you generally pay for any pushing or pulling that results if it's not true ?
Maltese Falcon
In metro L. A.
Workshop5001.com
Ask for Marlon !
mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 6 2018, 05:41 PM) *

I will call the shop on Monday, but how does the pricing on that work, is there a set up fee to check the cars dimensions etc. and then do you generally pay for any pushing or pulling that results if it's not true ?

Fee for removal of suspension and then setting up on the bench. Then you decide next step based on setup results. xxxx then install suspension. Couple grand on up.
Mueller
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 6 2018, 02:41 PM) *

Better off doing it yourself...

https://www.pelicanparts.com/914/Parts/Body...me_dims_big.htm

Setup fees alone will be over $1000 before they even measure anything I would guess.

Tdskip
Thanks gentlemen. So for the sake of argument let's just call it 1500 bucks to get it on the bench, and then whatever it cost to start pushing and pulling things around.

Given that our cars have welded in fenders etc, any pushing or pulling would impact fender and hood fit, correct?
Mueller
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 6 2018, 03:15 PM) *

Thanks gentlemen. So for the sake of argument let's just call it 1500 bucks to get it on the bench, and then whatever it cost to start pushing and pulling things around.

Given that our cars have welded in fenders etc, any pushing or pulling would impact fender and hood fit, correct?

I would think if the car is that bent you'd see fitment problems with the hoods.
ConeDodger
Yeaman Autobody NorCal.

Rick Ollah Minnesota.

Original Customs Grand Rapids, Michigan. (He owns the 914 fixtures too)
mepstein
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 6 2018, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 6 2018, 03:15 PM) *

I would think if the car is that bent you'd see fitment problems with the hoods.

Yes. We had a build that we couldn’t get the hood right. Put it on the bench. 1/2” shift to the right. Once it was straight, the hood fit properly.
sithot
Around 2006 a friend had one that was "loaded". Couldn't get a whimper out of anyone.
After the 911 crazed started "interested parties" started coming out of the woodwork. I still field the occasional inquiry. "Do you still have that Celette? NO, I don't.

You can rent one too:
https://www.eurocarbenchsystems.com/services/rental-center/
Tdskip

Yes. We had a build that we couldn’t get the hood right. Put it on the bench. 1/2” shift to the right. Once it was straight, the hood fit properly.

Good morning, obviously it would be a bit naive to assume getting it straight on there bench would take care of body alignment issues but you would want it pulled/pushed on the bench and finish up body alignment including checking hold for before taking it off, right? OR, is the bench time so spendy that you would need to get it on/off there ASAP?

And yes, starting with an unbent car is a better ideas.

mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 7 2018, 09:26 AM) *

Good morning, obviously it would be a bit naive to assume getting it straight on there bench would take care of body alignment issues but you would want it pulled/pushed on the bench and finish up body alignment including checking hold for before taking it off, right? OR, is the bench time so spendy that you would need to get it on/off there ASAP?

And yes, starting with an unbent car is a better ideas.

Talk to the shop. They will be able to tell you their process.
Tdskip
Agree, we're getting into the area of too much conjecture at this point.

Thanks for the discussion
Mueller
Goals for car?

If it was just a weekend driver or occasional auto-x or non-competitive track car I would say overkill unless you knew the car was really tweaked.

Figure most of the cars here that you see that are nice with some serious money thown into them have never been on a Celete bench.

If I was doing a build that would be in the 10's of thousands of dollars then no big deal to spend the few grand in bench time.

sixnotfour

914350 has a shop and a decent checking fixture for 914's
Auto Art Customs in Torrance, CA.
Tdskip
Hi guys, thanks for the follow up and pictures. One car and considering had a high hit that pushed the hood back but has not appeared to have relocated the front suspension mounting points. That said I have found that my other cars are very sensitive to suspension geometry being bang/on, and both my 911 and 912 went on the bench when I had front end work done.

Thanks
Tdskip
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 7 2018, 12:34 PM) *

914350 has a shop and a decent checking fixture for 914's
Auto Art Customs in Torrance, CA.

That is super cool.
Mueller
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 7 2018, 10:45 AM) *

Hi guys, thanks for the follow up and pictures. One car and considering had a high hit that pushed the hood back but has not appeared to have relocated the front suspension mounting points. That said I have found that my other cars are very sensitive to suspension geometry being bang/on, and both my 911 and 912 went on the bench when I had front end work done.

Thanks

Why not take the 914 to the same place? Fairly certain front uses same fixtures and they might have or can rent the rear fixtures.

Tdskip
That shop only does first and second GEN 911's.

That said asking is a good idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.