Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clean Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Mr. Injector is awesome. It's rare when someone does something really well these days. Figured I'd share the experience.

I printed out the form on his site, put it in the box with my injectors and a week later got them back with documentation verifying the before and after flow. They received a fresh coat of paint and new seals AND elbows with internal springs were included in the $ 17.50 ea fee. That alone is worth the cost. Check out the pics. http://www.mrinjector.us

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Ive used him for over 100 injectors. Great service and results every time.
iankarr
Now I’m just questioning whether I should use these spring-supported elbows...or the ones I bought from tangerine....
74ravenna
I used him also and was quite happy with his service and pricing.

I bought four 1.8 injectors from a non-running car so i didn't know if they were good or not.
Its great when they come back with documentation so you know what you're working with.
Specracer
Going to send mine monday. Thanks for posting. Timing was perfect.
mihai914
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Jan 6 2018, 10:59 PM) *

Now I’m just questioning whether I should use these spring-supported elbows...or the ones I bought from tangerine....

I would just use the hoses that are already attached unless you have fitment issues.

They look like quality FI hose and the internal spring is a nice feature.

Are you going to install everything on the runners and then bolt those on?

Mr Injector also has some nice YouTube videos that are fun to watch.
ConeDodger
I didn’t use them, but I did have the same service done by another vendor. Dramatic improvement to idle and general running. agree.gif
rhodyguy
Compare pricing for other vendors offering like items. blink.gif YIKES!
914dave
Used his service. After sitting 8 years, 2 were at 10% and 2 more were at 20% flow. Would have been hard to start like that. Good turnaround, fair price and the report is helpful. Like the lifesavers too
jesse7flying
+1 on Mr Injector. Just had him service the injectors on my '86 944 Turbo. Filled out the form online, sent them in and he even replaced the rubber seals. If I had known that, I wouldn't have bought a set of seals myself. Quick turn time too, even though I sent them during the holidays. Highly recommend.
Jesse
pete000
That's a great price for service !

913B
Didnt know you can do that with internal spring, I got some that needs cleaning.

Thanks for the information.

beerchug.gif
iankarr
So it looks like the pre-bent elbows from Tangerine work a lot better than the ones Mr. Injector supplied with the internal spring. They were too straight and required too much force to put the fuel rail where it's supposed to be. Here's the tangerine elbows installed. Almost done refreshing the engine!

Click to view attachment
clapeza
How long can injectors sit after being evaluated and cleaned? I'd like to get some spares sent off to get freshened up, but I'd read it wasn't advised to let them sit. Is there a way to store injectors?
mihai914
On his website or in on of his videos, he shows that once done he squirts some light oil or something similar in the injectors for preservation.

I sent 16 injectors last week to make two good sets and plan on installing them in a couple of months.

I will definitely coat them with oil and store in a Ziploc bag.

You can ask him by email, he replies pretty quickly.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(clapeza @ Jan 8 2018, 12:38 PM) *

How long can injectors sit after being evaluated and cleaned? I'd like to get some spares sent off to get freshened up, but I'd read it wasn't advised to let them sit. Is there a way to store injectors?

Gas turns to varnish. That’s why any car shouldn’t sit. As for cleaned and balanced injectors sitting unused, I wouldnt think that would be good either...
gothspeed
Wow, amazing results and service!! smile.gif

QUOTE(cuddyk @ Jan 7 2018, 10:50 PM) *

So it looks like the pre-bent elbows from Tangerine work a lot better than the ones Mr. Injector supplied with the internal spring. They were too straight and required too much force to put the fuel rail where it's supposed to be. Here's the tangerine elbows installed. Almost done refreshing the engine!

Click to view attachment

I would trim the lower injector elbow legs a bit shorter if possible or put the shorter elbow leg on the bottom. Also rotate the upper hose clamps 180° (bolt portion inboard) .... you want to keep anything extending beyond the tin at a minimum, as it will make engine reinstall a bit easier. smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(mihai914 @ Jan 8 2018, 11:08 AM) *

On his website or in on of his videos, he shows that once done he squirts some light oil or something similar in the injectors for preservation.

I sent 16 injectors last week to make two good sets and plan on installing them in a couple of months.

I will definitely coat them with oil and store in a Ziploc bag.

You can ask him by email, he replies pretty quickly.

he sends them out in individual sealed bags.
We've used injectors years after service and no problem.
but if you are concerned, just wait until you need them.
He's never taken more than 2 weeks to turn around and I've sent him 30-40 at a time.
914work
You got lucky.
As with others Ive sent dozens out to have "refreshed"
What Ive found is the failure rate is 1 in 6 or 7.
Ususally body leaks rendering them done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.