Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Cooler Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dck356
Hey guys. I'm pretty sure I need a new oil cooler. Just changed the seals and oil is leaking from the bottom of the cooler - nothing leaking between the cooler and the case... so the new seals aren't leaking. Any reco on what/where to buy? I can spend $150 on an oem version or $50 from AA performance. Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Dck356 @ Jan 7 2018, 09:47 PM) *

Hey guys. I'm pretty sure I need a new oil cooler. Just changed the seals and oil is leaking from the bottom of the cooler - nothing leaking between the cooler and the case... so the new seals aren't leaking. Any reco on what/where to buy? I can spend $150 on an oem version or $50 from AA performance. Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have at least a dozen of them I would would sell for $20 each. I worked for an oil cooler company for over twenty years. Oil coolers are not all built the same. AA is not an oil cooler company. Can they produce a graph showing the amount of BTU heat dissapation compared to an original cooler? If not do not waste $50. What engine is it ? The stock coolers are barely enough for a stock 2.0 on a hot day. You would just need to clean any of the used coolers. Do you have an oil temp gauge to know if a cooler is as effective an an OEM ? If not it is big gamble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.