Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pretty decent looking 914-6 on AutoKennel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
https://autokennel.com/1970-porsche-914-6/

Don't think the original 15x6 wheel comment is correct (weren't they all 14x6 Fuchs?), but otherwise pretty original car.
Older re-paint and newer restoration of many parts of the car.
Mike Fitton
5.5" x 14" Fuchs. Same as on the 911E.
Mblizzard
Had a 71 that color. Not a 6. But somehow i could not convince my wife gettin a car the same color as the car i had we we met was worth $99k.
flyer86d
They just look great in Irish Green!

Charlie
Larmo63
Hard to find fault with such a lovely car......I dig it

(wrong side mirror)
GeorgeRud
Other than the oversized wheel/tire combination, it looks quite nice in the photos. I’d be interested to see what it actually sells for.
Larmo63
15" Fuchs actually look much better on our cars in my my opinion.

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 8 2018, 06:29 PM) *

15" Fuchs actually look much better on our cars in my my opinion.

17's look even better. laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
I disagree. I think the 16s are about as good as it gets for Fuchs, but I really don't care for the 17s.

--DD
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 8 2018, 10:07 PM) *

I disagree. I think the 16s are about as good as it gets for Fuchs, but I really don't care for the 17s.

--DD

Oh yeah?? So, what do you know about 914's anyway? poke.gif av-943.gif
pete000
The tire profile looks too tall for a 15, I agree the 15 is what Porsche should have done, but it must have been a marketing direction, or they wanted to use up the remaining inventory of 14's Porsche was nutritious for such tactics to deplete inventory of old parts. That's why the 76 914's were fully loaded, to get rid of all the parts such as sway bars...I am also on board with 16" being the max dia for the Fuchs on a 914. 17s start approaching the cartoon zone...
ndfrigi
If this will sell to $100k, probably Jim’s (banananose) 914-6 is worth $150k or higher!
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 8 2018, 10:59 PM) *

The tire profile looks too tall for a 15, I agree the 15 is what Porsche should have done, but it must have been a marketing direction, or they wanted to use up the remaining inventory of 14's Porsche was nutritious for such tactics to deplete inventory of old parts. That's why the 76 914's were fully loaded, to get rid of all the parts such as sway bars...I am also on board with 16" being the max dia for the Fuchs on a 914. 17s start approaching the cartoon zone...

14's were part of the comfort package on 911's with the idea of getting higher profile tire for softer ride.
mepstein
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 9 2018, 01:59 AM) *

Quite a few 911 guys like 17’s because there are more fire choices but unless you go very low profile (looks strange), it raises the car (also looks strange).
Larmo63
15s look best in my opinion. The wheel is just better looking., even if you go wide body, 15 x 7 and 15 x 8 look better.

It's a matter of personal taste I suppose.
Racer
185/70-15 was a period correct tire and size and XWX's were the hottest tire imho at that time. In fact, it was the tire size of choice for 911's as well. Car is likely set a little low, thus making the tires seem even bigger

Per the tire sticker:
Standard was 165-15
Option 1: 185/70-15
Option 2: 185-14

What is throwing me is at first glance, I thought those were "flat" 6's vs correct "deep" 6's. Is that just me?

Didn't see the footrest!
Orange tailights aren't correct
My early 6 did not have a liner on the inside of the roof.. this one does?
basketweave around radio doesn't match
dash looks "puffy"?
Jack Handle is somewhere other than in the jack
Thought the underside is supposed to be body colored, not gray
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 8 2018, 10:59 PM) *

Who you callin' "cartoon zone"? slap.gif Seventeens RULE. av-943.gif Well, I like them anyway. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.