Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: backward electrics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I started the car tonight to spin it around in the street. I turned the ignition on and let pump run a bit before starting. When it started the rev counter was going nuts and the generator light (that had gone off once started) came on and stayed on.

Also my brake light stopped working as did my indicators.

Any ideas?
Mikey914
Check your tach wire intge fist. Also, possible the Gen is a pissible issue. What is your battery voltage?
Hopefully as simple as new battery and alternator.

Welcome to 914 world. There are others that have way more knowledge than I that im sure will offer up some advice.
gothspeed
Check your battery/alternator connections on both ends and make sure your grounds are clean and tight, including your transmission ground strap.
JFG
Still on this. The battery is reading 12.09 with ignition/engine off.

With the ignition off,

I turn on an indicator and that side side light comes on front and rear
Headlights work as normal
Brake light does nothing

With the ignition on,

I turn indicator on and nothing
No brake lights
Headlights work as normal
I pull the hazard switch and the red ((b)) light flashes on the multi gauge in dash but nothing else.

Checked all earth's and fuses but all are fine.

Stuck with this now!
JFG
With the engine idling the charge reads 12.6v with it revving it is 13.6v.

I can't gauge the revs as the needle is erratic. The charge light varies in brightness on the gauge also.

Still with the engine running the indicators/brake lights & wipers do not work.
JFG
Ha! Fixed it.

After swapping column switches, adding earth's and much jiggery pokery it was a slightly out of seat fuse.

Must have knocked it climbing in/out. Now where to get a fuse box cover in Britain.
gothspeed
Cool! Thanks for posting your solution to this problem beerchug.gif
falcor75
JWest fusebox solves that problem forever... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.