Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I met a fellow enthousiast half way across the world!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
It's been a while since the last time I posted here. Busy with other projects. But hey, it's winter, cold and thus the perfect moment to sit back and post about a unexpected meeting.

For privacy reasons, I will not name place nor will I mention a name.

Last Christmas, we flew from Amsterdam to an airport somewhere in the US. When on the ground, our passports were checked and the officer at the desk asked us various background questions (which is a good thing, I think). So he asked me about hobbies. I mentioned owning, tinkering and driving classic cars. I mentioned the 914 and he replied that he and a buddy are building and racing a 914-6!

That's the first time ever, including my own country(!) that I met a person who owns a 914 as well!

Nice thing is that he went on to be a professional and did his job thoroughly and step-by-step and still gave us the the feeling of being welcomed (back) in the USA.

So this person is a member here: no need to reply (privacy etc, I think). But sir, I think you did a great job on Christmas Day!

Menno
Cairo94507
Glad to hear the USA welcomed you properly. Cheers, beerchug.gif
aharder
agree.gif
thieuster
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 8 2018, 10:32 PM) *

Glad to hear the USA welcomed you properly. Cheers, beerchug.gif

It was not our first visit to the USA, but certainly (welcoming-wise) the most pleasant ever. For the record, in the past, we've never been treated badly or rudely when entering, like I hear or read from other people. I have no complaints about that. Mind you, I think that the security check-in in Amsterdam could learn a thing or two, three from their TSA counterparts.

The fun part was of course that I had to fly 10 hrs and 6 time zones to meet a fellow enthusiast!

M

Mark Henry
So...when he's not strip searching passengers, he's strip searching 914's ....pervert.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.