Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scottsdale auctions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
Next week is auction week here- plan on hitting almost all of them including BJ, Gooding, Bonhams, R-S, RM. New one, World Wide has an old Hitler MB! Will be interesting to see the various 914's.

Several nice ones last year and one real roach at Bonhams that I couldn't believe they even let in!

RM is having a Hagerty sponsored seminar on the market for AC vs WC Porsches- might be interesting as I'll be there anyway to look at the cars.

Can't wait!!

Any other 'world members plan on attending??
GeorgeRud
Keep us informed on what you see there for those of us that can’t be there.
MoveQik
I'll be there all week and we actually booked an RV spot for the week. We are having a happy hour Friday night at our spot so PM me if you will be there and I'll give you directions!
Lucky9146
So I turned on the TV today and Barret Jackson was on like mid day. Mostly Detroit metal and after a few minutes I said to my wife you know you'll never see a 914 on here. And sure enough the very next thing out of the guys mouth was "and here we have a 914-6". I simply could not believe it or the timing. It bid to about 49k and then "the bid goes on" so I never heard what happened to it. mad.gif
white914.jpg
Costa05
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jan 8 2018, 05:44 PM) *

Next week is auction week here- plan on hitting almost all of them including BJ, Gooding, Bonhams, R-S, RM. New one, World Wide has an old Hitler MB! Will be interesting to see the various 914's.

Several nice ones last year and one real roach at Bonhams that I couldn't believe they even let in!

RM is having a Hagerty sponsored seminar on the market for AC vs WC Porsches- might be interesting as I'll be there anyway to look at the cars.

Can't wait!!

BJ on monday 1/15. Looking forward to it as well.
raynekat

1975 PORSCHE 914 - 214265
Lot 142 - 1975 PORSCHE 914
Tuesday - January 16, 2018
No Reserve Scottsdale 2018
1975 Porsche 914 in great condition, restored several years ago. It is powered by a 2.0-liter engine and 5-speed automatic transmission, recently had a Weber carburetor kit installed. Finished in silver over black interior.
More DetailsBid Online

1974 PORSCHE 914 CAN AM TARGA - 215938
Lot 648 - 1974 PORSCHE 914 CAN AM TARGA
Thursday - January 18, 2018
One of 500 “Bumblebee” colored 914 Limited Editions built. Three-owners from new, with records back to 1974. 49,503 original miles (mileage not indicated on title). Powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine and manual transmission.
More DetailsBid Online

1974 PORSCHE 914 TARGA CUSTOM - 214307
Lot 694 - 1974 PORSCHE 914 TARGA CUSTOM
Thursday - January 18, 2018
Custom Porsche 914 Targa powered by a professionally-built 2.0-liter fuel-injected 4-cylinder engine that's boosted with a nitrous system and has EMPI ceramic coated headers, backed by a 5-speed manual transmission. Numerous performance upgrades.
More DetailsBid Online
malcolm2
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jan 12 2018, 12:10 AM) *

1975 Porsche 914 in great condition, restored several years ago. It is powered by a 2.0-liter engine and 5-speed automatic transmission, recently had a Weber carburetor kit installed. Finished in silver over black interior.

TYPO??
burton73
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jan 8 2018, 02:44 PM) *

Can't wait!!

The Imperial Palace had the Hitler parade car a bunch of years ago. They where selling a piece of the Third Reich as 1 square inch of leather from the car. I remember it from Hemming’s.

They have had a somewhat cool collection of mixed cars over the years. 1954 Chrysler New Yorker, originally owned by Howard Hughes, is retrofitted with a customer air filtration system. The vehicle will go on the auction block at The Hershey Auto Auction in October. Photo: Business Wire

The cars of the famous and the infamous

Bob B
stevend914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jan 12 2018, 11:53 AM) *

QUOTE(raynekat @ Jan 12 2018, 12:10 AM) *

TYPO??

That's how it's listed on BJ website, I did a double read on that myself
SKL1
Went to Russo & Steele and Gooding today. There was a pretty clean white '76 big bumper 914 at R&S. Also a nice soft window SWB 911S Targa originally bought by rally driver John Buffum. Just had the wrong Fuchs wheels.

Lots of REALLY nice stuff at Gooding- and I ran into Wayne Carini! Beautiful SWB 911S with the right Fuchs! And a neat split window '51 beetle. And lots of other nice Pcars and others.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
krazykonrad
That double-window beetle is nice!

Konrad
SKL1
Just back from RM. Some REALLY nice stuff, no 914's. A D type Jag worth 10-12M signed by Sir Stirling Moss himself.

Lots of nice 356's and long hood 911's... plus a 936 go kart that my grandson would kill for in a few years, but not for 10-15K!!!

Going back tomorrow AM for a Hagerty sponsored panel discussion on the market for AC vs WC Porsches...Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Drums66

Lots of REALLY nice stuff at Gooding- and I ran into Wayne Carini! Beautiful SWB 911S with the right Fuchs! And a neat split window '51 beetle. And lots of other nice Pcars and others.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
[/quote]

.....No Hepititis,& no Tetinus Folks all Sanitary......those 911's are PRIMO!
bye1.gif shades.gif
drem914
Lots of REALLY nice stuff at Gooding- and I ran into Wayne Carini! Beautiful SWB 911S with the right Fuchs!
Click to view attachment

Just saw this car on a rerun of Wayne's TV show this morning. It was up for auction at Amelia Island back in 2016 and did not sell at $145k. Wonder what it will go for this year.

Unobtanium-inc
550-0145 just sold for 5.17 million, wow, just wow!
preach
IPB Image

O god...

And I'm spent.

Think they'd trade for an '07 CS?

drooley.gif
SKL1
Hagerty put on a seminar this AM at the RM Auction at the Biltmore discussing the Porsche market in general.
Interesting discussion- no mention of 914's until I asked during the Q&A what they thought of real 6's. Thought they were a decent investment and described as "quirky." But thought 914's were not the stepchild anymore and thought any good 914 was desireable, especially the '73 2.0. Can't say I disagree smile.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jan 19 2018, 08:16 PM) *

Hagerty put on a seminar this AM at the RM Auction at the Biltmore discussing the Porsche market in general.
Interesting discussion- no mention of 914's until I asked during the Q&A what they thought of real 6's. Thought they were a decent investment and described as "quirky." But thought 914's were not the stepchild anymore and thought any good 914 was desireable, especially the '73 2.0. Can't say I disagree smile.gif

Nice to hear as this has been my experience in attending various Cars and Coffee events around LA. Many enthusiasts both within & outside of the Porsche Marque seem to have more than a passing interest in the 914s.

This is in response to a lot of higher end builds in this market as referenced by the below pics. This to the best of my knowledge is not a World Member with an awesome example. This is an original 6 with the numbers matching motor out the car and set aside for what I believe to be a 3.2.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.