Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914-6 to contemplate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Decent looking, but not as nice as the dark green one.
For $115k, you'd think it would be near perfect?

The recovered dash top underwhelms me especially where the ash tray meets it.
Edges of the gauges all nicked up.
Muffler dinged up with all kinds of stains on the HE's.
Bottom of the car doesn't look all that great to me....especially back by the firewall.
Wrong jack and the tool kit is iffy with the jack plate in there.
Front side markers have been shaved.
What's with that "stealth" radio?
Rear trunk is missing all it's plastic plugs, plus you get bonus holes (left over shade tree sway bar mounting?).

Decent from 25', but what else is not right on this car at this price point?
Like I said, I like the dark green one at Auto Kennel much better.
I'm sure I'm missing 80% or more of the issues with this car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-914/2...~zj&vxp=mtr
toolguy
I very rarely see a six with the correct gray type "M" brake front struts, even on the supposedly 'factory correct' restorations. . . . these are later struts, painted green, with a wedge bolt and nut ball joint. . Real 6's have the early pinch bolt

Side warts removed but has USA front turn lens and Euro in the rear. . Make up you mind .

a couple of other obscure points. . windshield washer squirters were chrome trimed caps. . all black was later, and the cowl air intake on this car has the later 'leaf screen' which was not on 6's. Also has later outside mirrors and is missing the ultra rare rear trans shift linkage cover specific to Six's unique size linkage, although I believe AA makes a repop now. .

In this car's price range, I'd expect the little details to all be correct, 2 Six's I sold in the last 2 years both went to well know dealers and were immediately turned around in this price range with no further improvements. Over 100K is now the norm.
914 Ranch
Nice car, I'd offer $50K if I had it.
Racer
wrong rear valance
where is the dust boot on the back of the shifter rod
no foot rest?
orange rear lenses
not my taste for dash and interior recovery materials/look.
sbsix
Looks to be a euro model six; no VIN tag on the driver's side A pillar, no front side markers and euro lenses. Has the PORSCHE lettering on the engine lid though. No engine number to verify if euro or not. Dash job doesn't work for me.

Nice car overall, original or not.
Socalandy
Fully restored lol-2.gif screwy.gif I think NOT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.