Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrades for the parades
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
camgraves3113
Hello everyone beerchug.gif
Just wondering, what is the most performance enhancing cost effective upgrades i can manually do to my 1983 2.0 4 cyl 914? I am rebuilding it growd up so dont worry about if amythings hard to get to or a lot of work. I really appreciate it smile.gif
camgraves3113
smile.gif
Krieger
If that is really an 1983 model I would leave it bone stock. It is really rare.
burton73
This can go on and on. How much do you have to spend and what do you have to start with. So you have I guess a 73. What Eng. Do you have for it?

Bob B

welcome.png
PlaysWithCars
From what you've shown the tub is in really great shape, so you have a good starting platform for whatever you want to do.

You've posed an impossible question to answer. Everyone's skills are different so 'cost effective' is a big variable depending on whether you're doing the work or hiring the work to be done. Performance enhancing is also variable depending on perspective. Some people are sensitive enough (or believe they are) to sense a performance change when putting in a new air filter. Some people like Cracker want a giant V8 behind them to 'enhance' performance. poke.gif

Search the forum. Read build threads. And you will learn a lot about what's possible and for how much effort.

You will also get more constructive responses if you help people to understand what your end goal is. Cost effective enhancements also change depending on if you are racing, cruising, or canyon carving.

Welcome to the edge of the slippery slope. welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.