Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Track pending progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
camgraves3113
MY goal for my 914 is to race on a track and be somewhat competitive. I have 1-2k for upgrades and yes sorry for the typo i meant 1973 :,)
I want a stiff, really quick in reguards to coming out of corners and in general. Id love for the car to really stick in hard corners to get good Gforce results, and truly have an amazing driving experience. Any recommendations would be very helpful, and right now the car is fully stock. Also the one mod i wont make is bigger wheels, right now i have beautiful 15x5.5 fusch rims and pirelli p7’s. I already have bucket seats with 5 point harnessing so im ready for everything wink.gif
Cracker
Save every penny, wait until you have 5-7k and then buy a Miata...

Cracker
ablesnead
...Listen to Tony...
IronHillRestorations
If you just want to race, accept the sage advice given. It can be spendy to race a 914. Parts are more than other cars.
brant
I was reading along. Thinking that you needed to pick a local club and then memorize the rules.

But tony is really spot on
It’s really easy to get 20k into a 914 racecar
The miata will give you seat time and if you decide after a couple of years that you want a 914 racecar still, you can sell the Miata back for what you paid. (Not true with a 914)
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(camgraves3113 @ Jan 11 2018, 08:52 AM) *

MY goal for my 914 is to race on a track and be somewhat competitive. I have 1-2k for upgrades and yes sorry for the typo i meant 1973 :,)
I want a stiff, really quick in reguards to coming out of corners and in general. Id love for the car to really stick in hard corners to get good Gforce results, and truly have an amazing driving experience. Any recommendations would be very helpful, and right now the car is fully stock. Also the one mod i wont make is bigger wheels, right now i have beautiful 15x5.5 fusch rims and pirelli p7’s. I already have bucket seats with 5 point harnessing so im ready for everything wink.gif

No need to turn your street car into a race car. $1-2K won't even pay for the safety upgrades.
For the cost of a reasonably nice 1973 914 2.0 street car I'll sell you my race car. It's already competitive in SCCA club racing.
Click to view attachment
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 11 2018, 09:47 AM) *

QUOTE(camgraves3113 @ Jan 11 2018, 08:52 AM) *

No need to turn your street car into a race car. $1-2K won't even pay for the safety upgrades.
For the cost of a reasonably nice 1973 914 2.0 street car I'll sell you my race car. It's already competitive in SCCA club racing.
Click to view attachment

This is the fastest, easiest and probably the cheapest way to go... Buy someone else's
race car! If you have ever raced anything, you will know what it takes to get track ready and then to be competitive, you have to be willing dedicate time and loads of $$. Good Luck!!
Cracker
Beautiful car Chris! I'll give you 7k... biggrin.gif

T

ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 11 2018, 10:55 AM) *

Beautiful car Chris! I'll give you 7k... biggrin.gif

T

for the chassis, with bodywork, ok.
935 front suspension & custom struts +$$
Ohlins rear shocks & custom trailing arms +$$
Tilton Pedals +$$
Ductwork +$$
Custom Fuel Cell +$$
Custom Dry Sump Tank +$$
etc., etc...
Blue6
Cam,
First welcome.png
Now listen to Crackers advise. You WILL go broke building and racing the 914 you described. SCCA and other sanctioning bodies have a class called spec Miata. You can pick up a mid pack car for $8-$15. It is not the fastest class, but if you truly want wheel to wheel, close completion road racing, this is it. By far the most fun class I've ever raced. Sorry to steer you away from 914's, but they do not make a good "first" race car. All racing, even Lemons and Chumpcar is expensive.
GregAmy
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 11 2018, 08:16 AM) *

Save every penny, wait until you have 5-7k and then buy a Miata...

lol...sadly, he's right.

Click to view attachment

I should swap you both my street and race car for that, Chris.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.