Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help part experts.....what is it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Got these back from the platers, and they're not on this list of parts I sent them (at least this latest batch).
They think I sent them the parts a long time ago.

Any idea what they are and where they go?
They are threaded inside.

Thanks

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
trojanhorsepower
Oh oh I know, I know. That is the nut that goes on the top of the front (I think) shock. It goes down through the rubber bits and tightens over the top of the shock.
MarkV
Rear shock top nuts/hats.
SirAndy
agree.gif
914Sixer
The tricky part is what shock do they fit? confused24.gif Koni's DO NOT use the same nut as Boges/Sachs or Bilstein.
MarkV
Looks just like the ones that fit Bilstein & Boge/Sachs.

Click to view attachment
raynekat
So it fits into something like this?

Click to view attachment

My new zoomy Elephant Racing Bilstein shock/coilover setup uses a different kind of damping rubber on the rear.

Guess I won't be needing these for my current build.
white1975
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jan 11 2018, 10:44 PM) *

Click to view attachment

My new zoomy Elephant Racing Bilstein shock/coilover setup uses a different kind of damping rubber on the rear.

Guess I won't be needing these for my current build.

those are front bump rubbers for the shocks
falcor75
My car came with Konis in the rear when I bought it, the top hats for the Konis didnt work for the Bilstein sport struts I put on so I had to drill out the threads, cut the hat off a bit and weld on a nut with the right thread.
cary
Click to view attachment
Krieger
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 12 2018, 07:40 AM) *

agree.gif
This is correct!
SirAndy
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jan 11 2018, 09:44 PM) *

No, those are for the front shocks.

The rears have a different shape and the two rubber pieces are sandwiched around the shock mounting hole.
In the diagram above, the mounting hole in the car body is between 11 and 12.
smile.gif
cary
My turn. I too have something in my plating batch that I can't remember where it goes.
I assume a nylon bushing pivots on it. ?????

Doug's guess is in the headlight mechanism. I just ran thru the parts blow up and I didn't see it.

Click to view attachment

914werke
Front headlight housing doo-hickamabob's
RRietman
this is why you guys need to learn how to zinc plate at home. white vinegar, epsom salts, sugar---3VDC@ 300ma. I know It's cheep to send out, but It's kind of fun to do the onesies twosies as you go.
Randy
raynekat
Got it Cary. Put a pic here soon.
cary
I found these shots while looking for a worn out CV joint race for that other thread.
Why I only have a couple ? Most of the headlights are stored complete. These pivots must be from the ones I scraped.

Click to view attachment

Mystery solved. Looks like I'll need a drawer for headlight parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.