Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler of unknown origin for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
yellowporky
This came on a car that i am putting back to stock 73' 1.7. Car has been off the road since 1986. If anyone knows what this is please chime in. $100?
Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Model 101 boat anchor
yellowporky
Thank you for clarifying the model biggrin.gif
Tom_T
I'm not positive, but it looks like the VW Glass-packs adapted with standard tube pipes that the local muffler shops used to do on VWs & 914s.

GLWTS beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
yellowporky
More glamour shots. Let me know if i should just recycle this. Thought someone might be able to use it. The red is over spray not rust. it is in good condition
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
thunderbird? Prob LOUD but a quieter muffler could be fitted. $100+whatever shipping might be a little steep. Test the waters.
bdstone914
I would not scrap it. What is the OD of the pipes? Might be larger than stock 1.7L which is good for a 1911 or 2.0 if fitted with the matching heat exchangers. If there is room a new quiet muffler could be welded on.
I would use it as a test stand muffler as it is small. Anything you might need in trade ? I value that muffler at about $50. Shipping will cost about $25 minimum.
Bruce
yellowporky
Bruce, i am sure i need stuff as i am just tearing into the project. I will pm you later
dflesburg
If its not gone, I want it.
Front yard mechanic
I wouldn't scrap it either just trying to be funny lol-2.gif good luck with your sale
FelixHolst
If the guys above dont want it i can use it.

Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.