Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: front chrome bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DRPHIL914
Still looking for a decent chrome front bumper for my back date project.

Phil
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no even we have a decent front chrome bumper here Phil although we have over 250 used rears. Have you tried Parts Heaven? They are usually good about having rust free california used 914 parts, or rich at high performance house? THEN even if they have one that can be fixed, the bumper shop also in california can rechrome.

We were so without the front chrome bumpers that we had them made and took great pains to fit them until we had a perfect buck to form. They are stainless steel but look like chrome

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 13 2018, 08:09 AM) *

Phil
DRPHIL914
George,

thanks for the response- i considered the Ss ones but it just wasnt in the budget right now with getting all the body work and paint done , my restoration budget is tight, so i have to set priorities with out cutting corners. I would like a set, but it will have to wait a year or two. freshening up the motor with new tin and runners, etc so i will be placing an order for some seals etc- including motor mount hardware.
if a front bumper pops up let me know -

- i might settle for a nice steel one for now.

Phil
DRPHIL914
Bump, still looking...
pete000
I also have been looking for a good front with out tit holes, they have all dried up.

Looking like I will have to buy a SS repo and have it chromed.
mepstein
Resto design needs to make these. poke.gif
Blue6
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 15 2018, 06:16 PM) *

I also have been looking for a good front with out tit holes, they have all dried up.

Looking like I will have to buy a SS repo and have it chromed.

I see your SoCal. FYI, there were a couple for sale at the Phoenix Club swap last yr. this yr it's Sun 3-4-18....
DRPHIL914
well seeing as i am 3000 miles away, not much help for me unless some kind 914world brother finds one for me and would ship it to the east coast......
horizontally-opposed
They are really hard to find...

Been looking for one for years. Had a line on a great one, but the seller wouldn't sell to me—as he wanted it to go to a restoration rather than my conversion.

I've even thought about going stainless, but only if they really match the originals in all details and the early rear can be had in stainless, too. I'm not yet convinced...
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jan 16 2018, 01:22 AM) *

They are really hard to find...

Been looking for one for years. Had a line on a great one, but the seller wouldn't sell to me—as he wanted it to go to a restoration rather than my conversion.

I've even thought about going stainless, but only if they really match the originals in all details and the early rear can be had in stainless, too. I'm not yet convinced...

Pete,

that's crazy that they don't want it to go to a car that's a conversion! I am back dating and have a fairly nice rear. I too have been looking at the SS ones, and I guess I may go that way. once I have the car back from being repainted , I could drive up to Atlanta and fit the SS ones that AA has to make sure its a good fit, I have from others that bought they were really nice. But $2k is a big chunk of change and will be the last thing I probably get done.

I will keep bumping this just in case something comes up. I just don't want to put the BUB back on and theside mount tabs will get shaved off so that's not going to happen.
Steve
I back dated my car a year ago. The fronts are harder to find, but they do show up at the local so cal swap meets and occasionally on Craig’s list.
Next car show is the phoenix club in April? Maybe get someone to FaceTime with you if they see one. PayPal immediately and arrange shipping. PM bdstone914. He gets them occasionally.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 18 2018, 09:32 AM) *

I back dated my car a year ago. The fronts are harder to find, but they do show up at the local so cal swap meets and occasionally on Craig’s list.
Next car show is the phoenix club in April? Maybe get someone to FaceTime with you if they see one. PayPal immediately and arrange shipping. PM bdstone914. He gets them occasionally.

good idea, thanks
acar24
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 18 2018, 12:16 PM) *

good idea, thanks

I think I have some in storage, I will try to get a picture, what are they worth? LA
Steve
$150 to $800? Depending on condition. Perfect early bumper to 73-74 with tit holes and dings would be the cheapest. I think I paid $150-175 for my front, tit holes and some dings. Driver quality...
cal44
Four holes for bumper bolts takes about 20 minutes to weld, grind and buff.

I took two '66 Bronco bumpers to have straightened and a couple of holes welded up. The guy used a couple of bolts from Home Depot and welded them in and attempted to chrome. Did not work as the bolts were "junk metal" from a furrin' country and the plating process ran into trouble (pitting). Lesson: when welding mild steel don't use garbage furrin' metal products.

The cost of correct plating has gone stupid.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(acar24 @ Jan 20 2018, 08:50 AM) *

good idea, thanks

I think I have some in storage, I will try to get a picture, what are they worth? LA

If you have more than one good one, I might be a buyer after the OP. Values below seem fair.

Thanks!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(acar24 @ Jan 20 2018, 11:50 AM) *

good idea, thanks

Pete,

when you get a chance to look let us know. I am in need , so please let me know if your are willing to let one or more go. I paid $300 for a really nice rear chrome bumper but i know fronts are harder to come by so judging by what ive seen i would thking a very nice one would be in that $500- $750 range, brand new SS are @ $2000 for the pair so i dont imagine they would be quite in that range unless pristinely perfect.
but then again depends on demand, some stupid people paid way too much for a few 914's at auction in AZ this week too so you never know.

burton73
If a guy is into CW restoration then he needs chrome for a 914 -6 and SS will not work, as it looks different. The fog light grills look different when set in SS ones.

I do not give a shit but some guys do,

Also I see what Restoration Design gets for early 911 bumpers not plated and at $750 now on sale. Says save $500. So $1250 for front if not on sale?
Chrome ones will cost a bit if they make them.

Bob B
w00t.gif
acar24
I put 1 on ebay to check the market. I have 1 more to clean up. Thanks, LA
stugray
I have this one:

Front with rubber:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 13 2018, 07:09 AM) *

Phil

Hi Phil, will you be interested on my bumper?
I had it for my 75 1.8FI but I sold my 75 last June and few 914 projects last year. And now I’m totally no 914 now but still have a bunch of parts.

Thanks!

Hoppie944s2
HOW MUCH? I MIGHT BE INTERESTED
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Hoppie944s2 @ Jan 29 2018, 11:03 AM) *

HOW MUCH? I MIGHT BE INTERESTED

-sorry already spoken for-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.