Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
I spent time on the engine tin today and for the life of me I can't figure out where exactly these pieces go...

Click to view attachment
iankarr
QUOTE(simonjb @ Jan 14 2018, 04:28 PM) *

I spent time on the engine tin today and for the life of me I can't figure out where exactly these pieces go...

Click to view attachment

Top left looks like the piece that goes behind the right rear cylinder. The angular piece with curved channel goes under the left side (shift rod sits in the channel). The other angular piece goes under the right side. The other two pieces don’t look like the top tins. What kind of engine do you have?
LowBridge
both red circles cover the pushrod tubes from under the motor around the heat exchangers. the other ones are what suround the motor and help seal the upper engine area.
Larmo63
The Google is your friend

Click to view attachment
simonjb
trust me - I have been googling.. any pics with the bottom two pieces?
McMark
beerchug.gif
simonjb
Thanks guys!!
simonjb
Just to confirm - do the pushrod covers go over the pushrods or between the engine and pushrods?
iankarr
The bottom of the engine (beneath the pushrods).
bdstone914
QUOTE(simonjb @ Jan 14 2018, 04:49 PM) *

Just to confirm - do the pushrod covers go over the pushrods or between the engine and pushrods?

From the engine case to the heat exchangers.
rhodyguy
Also known as warm air guides.
LowBridge
pic..
simonjb
QUOTE(LowBridge @ Jan 15 2018, 02:01 PM) *

pic..

Perfect. Tx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.