Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: anyone have 944 parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ConeDodger
Lots of cross pollination here so I thought I’d ask.

We bought our youngest a 944 for his first car. I’ve got it running really well and we are working on the annoying things that nag a 38 year old car.

He just discovered his drivers door handle has a broken internal part.

Anyone got one? evilgrin.gif here he is at WCR last year...
bdstone914
I might have one. Is it a standard black handle or with the PORSCHE script? Show me the part. I have a bunch of handles like the 944 style that are chrome. Same style as 944. If I can not help I have a friend, Luis Artiga, (goes by Larts Parts). He has lot of 944 parts. He is in the LA area. I can PM his phone number.
Bruce
ConeDodger
Standard black. I don’t want him wandering down the modification path just yet. It’s matte black.
theer
944 is an awesome first car. I bought both my sons 944 projects (non-turbo). Fairly easy to work on, parts are available & cheap. It's decently reliable and a hoot to drive. The parts & garage forums over on the Bird are really good, too - lots of help out there.

And the boys will always be able to say their first car was a Porsche. Oh yeah.

I might have an extra door handle if Bruce can't find one.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(theer @ Jan 15 2018, 12:08 PM) *

944 is an awesome first car. I bought both my sons 944 projects (non-turbo). Fairly easy to work on, parts are available & cheap. It's decently reliable and a hoot to drive. The parts & garage forums over on the Bird are really good, too - lots of help out there.

Thanks for looking! It ran when we got it but not so I’d want to drive it. I tuned it up for him and the difference was dramatic! He thought I was a magician. His spark plug gap was .050”! The throttle response was totally fixed and the gassy smell from the exhaust was almost gone. We just finished restoring the interior and he says he is in love with the car again. He really only needed the seat centers replaced. Guess who makes 944 seat center cushion vinyl presown? 914Rubber! evilgrin.gif
Tdskip
Pelican 944classified site is pretty active in case you don’t find it here
bdstone914
QUOTE(theer @ Jan 15 2018, 09:08 AM) *

I only have chrome ones like were used on early 924. The internal part are swapable but if someone can supply a complete handle go for it.

Bruce
mmascari
Rob, check this out: Local car and a lot of parts only $300. I ran across it while browsing.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/d/pors...6462847386.html
Dominic
Rob, I found these used handles in my stash (got them in a lot of parts bought a few years back), but don't know for sure if they are 944 or not, not sure which side they work on either.
Let me know if you want them (just pay for shipping) or stop by on the way down to the Bay Area.
AZBanks
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 15 2018, 07:33 AM) *

Lots of cross pollination here so I thought I’d ask.

We bought our youngest a 944 for his first car. I’ve got it running really well and we are working on the annoying things that nag a 38 year old car.

He just discovered his drivers door handle has a broken internal part.

Anyone got one? evilgrin.gif here he is at WCR last year...

I have some internal door handle parts. Which side is he looking for?
Andyrew
Larts parts is THE guy with 944 parts.

https://www.facebook.com/larts.parts/
ConeDodger
Still looking. dry.gif

Here is the broken part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.