Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: factory 914-6 with rebuilt (non-matching) engine on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
earlyaircooled
This is my car, title is in my name. I have it on Ebay with a start price of $39,975 and no reserve. Detailed description on Ebay. Nice way to get into a good runnning, driving 914-6 without spending $100,000 or more.

link to 100 or so pictures here: My Webpage

Ebay auction link here: ebay

Click to view attachment
earlyaircooled
To be clear the title is in my name and I'm partners on this car with Larry Brooks.
Slowroller
QUOTE(earlyaircooled @ Jan 15 2018, 10:12 AM) *

To be clear the title is in my name and I'm partners on this car with Larry Brooks.

HI, Have you had a PPI you can share with us?
raynekat
Sold for $45,314
jmz
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jan 22 2018, 03:25 PM) *

Sold for $45,314

pretty good buy I think.
But.. How could it be a matching numbers trans. as it is a side shift..
Am I missing something?
raynekat
QUOTE(914 @ Jan 22 2018, 08:30 PM) *

But.. How could it be a matching numbers trans. as it is a side shift..
Am I missing something?

Any tail shifter can be made into a side shifter.....so in theory, it could be the matching numbers gearbox that's just received the side shifter conversion parts.
gereed75
I would classify this car at the low "decent driver" end and as such, I thought it would have gone for closer to $50,000. Based on this sale and looking at others, my perception is that the six market has certainly flattened of late.

looks something like this to me:

complete project cars $12 - $25,000
rough drivers - $25 - $40,000
decent drivers - $40 - $55,000
nice drivers - $55 - $65,000
restored/really nice $65 - $85,000
investment potential $85 - $105,000
investment grade $105 +

The problem is finding the lower level cars. This one was a good to great deal for buyer IMHO.
jd74914
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jan 23 2018, 11:48 AM) *

This one was a good to great deal for buyer IMHO.

agree.gif

Too bad the motor didn't still have MFI on it, probably would have sold for some more.
stevegm

I would classify this car at the low "decent driver" end and as such, I thought it would have gone for closer to $50,000. Based on this sale and looking at others, my perception is that the six market has certainly flattened of late.

investment grade $105 +

The problem is finding the lower level cars. This one was a good to great deal for buyer IMHO.

All of the collectible car prices have flattened over the past year and a half. Even so, this seems like a great deal for the buyer. Much of my day job research is in collectible car pricing and investment. Your pricing above is pretty good for current prices.
jmz
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 23 2018, 08:02 PM) *

investment grade $105 +

All of the collectible car prices have flattened over the past year and a half. Even so, this seems like a great deal for the buyer. Much of my day job research is in collectible car pricing and investment. Your pricing above is pretty good for current prices.

Wonder where -6 race cars fit into this matrix?
EJ1970914/6
My question is what is the bogie on a
( nice driver) $55g > $65g
with Matching #s eng and trans.
VS Matching engine and non matching Trans
VS Matching trans and non matching engine.

I can guess but I think it would be interesting to hear some other chatter on this.
Larmo63
That looked to be a pretty honest car. Probably well bought.

I wonder what the braintrust here thinks the market is on /6 conversion cars?
mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 25 2018, 04:25 PM) *

That looked to be a pretty honest car. Probably well bought.

I wonder what the braintrust here thinks the market is on /6 conversion cars?

All over the place but still climbing.
Our shop is doing a GT clone and we will probably price it around $75-80K. A couple of our customers already said they would buy one for that price. I can tell you that it pretty much needs to be flared to bring the money. Non flared conversion cars still look the same as a four.

No offense, I like them all.
sixaddict
So opinions are like..... ah ...belly buttons ....everybody has one so each one has some truth but is hardly gospel....to me people see numbers based on their universe. While I like flared cars, I am going to disagree with Mark , the correct/ original car will bring the most $$ and appeal to the broadest market based on purity. Once numbers don't match ( engine) value drops. Adding flares is cool but does damage to originality. Race cars go for much less for obvious reasons.
This does not mean someone wont hit big numbers occasionally but if logic is involved then numbers drop. I feel market has softened and cars are selling at a slower pace. So there's my 2 cents and worth just that ! dry.gif
Cairo94507
I am going to "second" Sixaddict.
Movin6
I thought the same thing, wondered if not being the original engine affected value? But both buyer and seller should be happy.

[/quote]
agree.gif

Too bad the motor didn't still have MFI on it, probably would have sold for some more.
[/quote]
gereed75
I think that the non matching numbers is about a 15% hit and is a non starter when you are talking about high level investment grade cars.

The conversion cars are all over the place with the main factor being the quality of the conversion and the quality of the resulting car. A GT conversion recently sold on BAT for $52,000. It was well done and well presented (a really nice numbers matching six did not meet reserve at $54,000 the same week).

BRing a Trailer (BAT) is a pretty good place to track values as you can see the bids, comments and final result, and know the car sold in an open public way.

One facet of the air-cooled 911 market that appears very healthy is the back-dated hot rod RSR cars. Nice ones are bringing 80 - 100 plus. I think these cars are analogous to six GT conversions and as such indicate a strong market for well done conversions, of course at prices 30-40% lower than the “real Porsche” 911 prices.
dcheek
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 25 2018, 04:55 PM) *

So opinions are like..... ah ...belly buttons ....everybody has one so each one has some truth but is hardly gospel....to me people see numbers based on their universe. While I like flared cars, I am going to disagree with Mark , the correct/ original car will bring the most $$ and appeal to the broadest market based on purity. Once numbers don't match ( engine) value drops. Adding flares is cool but does damage to originality. Race cars go for much less for obvious reasons.
This does not mean someone wont hit big numbers occasionally but if logic is involved then numbers drop. I feel market has softened and cars are selling at a slower pace. So there's my 2 cents and worth just that ! dry.gif

So much for not commenting on ads.....lol.

I agree the market has softened on 914-6's, albeit at a very high price point from 10 years ago but, is it me, or are the 4's starting to make a move? Seems like all the asking prices are much higher than a year ago. Of course asking and selling are two different things. Just my unscientific assessment of the current market.

Dave
mepstein
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 25 2018, 07:55 PM) *

I was just talking about flared vs narrow body conversions. I will completely agree with you that an original 6 will almost always be priced higher than a modified one.
stevegm
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 25 2018, 07:55 PM) *

I agree. It may be that the flared cars are just appealing to a different type of buyer. I think the pure cars will always bring more value. But there is a contingent of buyers out there that want the performance-oriented flaired flyer, and will pay for it. The conversion cars with flares are popular.
stevegm
QUOTE(EJ1970914/6 @ Jan 25 2018, 03:41 PM) *

My question is what is the bogie on a
( nice driver) $55g > $65g
with Matching #s eng and trans.
VS Matching engine and non matching Trans
VS Matching trans and non matching engine.

I can guess but I think it would be interesting to hear some other chatter on this.

I think the discount as a result of a non-matching engine is large. On a well-done restored car it seems to be larger than a 15% hit. I’m not seeing much of a hit related to a non-matching number transmission. It just doesn’t seem as important to investors. Just my .02.

And a lot of CoAs don’t include the tranny number. Not to mention the four tranny’s aren’t numbered.
sixnotfour

sold mine for 30k
burton73
When?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.