Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunflower Yellow Touch-up Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThreeV8s
I picked this can of paint up for around $4 to touch up the drilled holes for my passenger side mirror and the area under the gasket on the driver side. The goal was to have some shade of yellow paint on a completely hidden area to prevent rust. The big surprise was that it matches my paint almost perfectly, so I’m planning to use it for some stone chips as well. I can’t say that this will match every sunflower yellow car. Mine was repainted while the previous owner had it and I know there are variations over time, by manufacturer, etc. but thought it was worth mentioning here since touch-up paint for our cars isn’t something that you can easily get locally.

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
wub.gif I love Sunflower Yellow! My first 914 was a brand new '73 1.7 in that color. Made the car a lot faster. It was so attractive to bugs I called it the 'Neon Daffodil'.
scallyk9
Good to know. Thanks. Sunflower Yellow is the accent color on my bumblebee and no longer available as a touch-up paint from Porsche.
GeorgeRud
Nice find. The trouble comes once the paint is old and faded, but this would be great for trunks, engine compartment, etc.
horizontally-opposed
Curious if the name for this color was Blossom Yellow in German?
Mikey914
Disreguard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.