Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage racing at Autobahn Country Club
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
I have a friend (Jim Anderson) that races his 914 in vintage races. This time I went with him and had a blast being with him and all of this racing buddies. There were three other 914's there but I didn't get pictures of them (couldn't find them when I had the camera). Now I am trying to talk my wife into letting me go wheel to wheel. Maybe next year...

Here is Jim's 914
user posted image

And some of his buddies...

user posted image
Tha alpha was fast but not as fast as the...

user posted image
This Lotus was fast...

Then there was the bug eye....
user posted image

One of Jim on the track.

user posted image
nynone4
Very Nice! I've seen Jim's car a few times in person (he used to come to a few of the CCSCC autocrosses - and I've seen it at Brad's), and it is one VERY nice car. I'm going up to an HPDE at Autobahn on Thursday of this week. Should be a blast! I hear they have a very nice facility.
mikelsr
It was a lot of fun and yes they have a very nice facility. Two tracks, one is the 1.46 mile track that this event was on and the 2.1 mile track that I understand is the private course. Besides watching the races on the 1.46 m track I was watching the members have a bit of fun on the 2.1m track. I saw a GT3, C4S, C, 944, STIs, Vettes, a Ferrari, a Maserati, Mustangs, etc. For only $25K and $3000 annual dues you can belong. Oh, there was a 360 for sale there, only $179k and if you wanted the special tires and wheels another $9k...

You coming to the autox this weekend? I will be there on Saturday but Sunday is family time (just Shelley and me).
nynone4
I'll be at the autox in the MINI on Saturday if we don't burn anything up Thursday at Autobahn! Maybe see ya there!
mikelsr
cool. See ya on Saturday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.