Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wow my 914 held its own at the AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
We had our first AX this past weekend and I was surprised how well my 35 yr old 914 did compared to the more modern cars. We had 46 drivers of which 7 were novice.

I run DSP in my SCCA region, my car is a 70 with a 74 2.0L with euro P&C, adjustable konis, stock front sway bar, and 205 50 15 falkens. The TTOD of the day was 67.298 by a 74 /6 conversion, my best time was 74.804 but if you look at the raw times HERE for everyone else I was within a few seconds either way of most modern cars.

Maybe this isn't a shock to anyone else but I'm impressed with my little 95hp 914. driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
I think perhaps the only one really surprised was you. The 914 will clean up most autocross venues. Try going to a Porsche club event and watch 10 914s beat all of the waterpumpers and taildraggers. Enjoy... You are driving a go-kart...
Rob
Joe Bob
AX Weapon of Champions..... ohmy.gif
boxstr
Garold Did you install your new GTS LeMans seat??
CCLINSEATINGFORONE
seanery
Garold,
I think I'm gonna take whitey to Brad Mayeur...do you have his phone # handy?
Pnambic
309-694-1797 I think
grantsfo
You'd be even more surprized what a 80 something hp 1.8 liter car can do in an AX. I'm still amazed at times.

In my recent expereinces AXing the 914, I have found AX courses that will kill my times compared to more powerful cars. Courses where I need to either drop to 1st or lug 2nd gear just before a long straight are always sure to drop me a couple seconds off the faster cars and high speed courses will always put me at a disadvantage. Its those tight courses where I can stay in upper RPMs in second gear when the 914 really shines.

Its great that youre doing so well in your first AX of the season! Congrats!
nebreitling
i'm convinced that 70hp is all you need given the right chassis, tire, gearing and sus/align tuning....

but a little throttle-oversteer is fun, too aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ May 30 2005, 09:14 PM)
Garold,
I think I'm gonna take whitey to Brad Mayeur...do you have his phone # handy?

Dan is correct 309-694-1797 You could just sell me white car for cheap if you move to LALA land ohmy.gif wink.gif laugh.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (boxstr @ May 30 2005, 08:55 PM)
Garold Did you install your new GTS LeMans seat??
CCLINSEATINGFORONE

Yes I did Lemans seat

One of the best things I have done to my car. It really keeps your bootyshake.gif in place. burnout.gif driving.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.