Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Webers and throttle position
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jandro62
I'll take pics tomorrow during daylight. the 914 ran under its own power (down the driveway) for the first time in 2 years! I'm still having some issues though. It seems that the throttle linkage does not want to return all the way to absolutely closed. it sits just shy of that even though I have the idle speed screws not in contact with the linkage. This makes me think that I need an extra return spring mounted to the center linkage instead of trusting the return springs on the carbs to do all the work. Has anyone else run this sort of setup? The 3-4 bank is also pulling a lot more vacuum than the right at idle, even though they look to be relatively close in terms of opening. I'm thinking this is due to
1) small air leak (I sprayed carb cleaner around the base of the carbs and didn't get any result)
2) my timing is still off a few degrees and this is bunging things up (not really likely)
3) I could've sworn the air bypass valves were absolutely all the way turned in

Any suggestions guys?
SirAndy
can't go by "eye" when it comes to vacuum, you'll need to adjust that with a gauge to be equal ...

as for the return, both carbs should go all the way back to closed without a additional return spring on the bar.
your bar could be in a bind (ask me how i know). check and see if one of the arms on the bar is loose ...

when you disconnect the bar, do both carbs go back to all closed? if not, something is wrong with the carbs.

i had to take mine apart and shoot them with lubricant to make them work right.

having said all that, once they work fine, you *should* add a return spring on the linkage!
but make them work first!

smash.gif Andy

PS: another common reason for vacuum being off on both sides: valve adjustment!
machina
I have these little tension springs on metal tabs. You can adjust the spring force just by changing the angle on the tab.

I have the normal coil type springs on the throttle shafts but they needed a little help.
cgnj
Hi,

Lenght of arms and or angle of arms will keep the throttle from returning all of the way.

Carlos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.