Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold: Mahle Gas Burners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914forme
For sale original Mahle gas burners. 5-1/2" x 15" 5x130 bolt pattern. These are great looking drivers wheels would need a bit of work to make them fit for the q-tip judging.

If you look at the pictures they have a few blemishes and a bit of pitting in areas. One of them is a couple of the valve steam seats. I bought them last year, expecting them to be better than they where. And I don't feel like restoring them, to many other projects. Selling them to help fund machine work on the 914-6 project.

$1500 obo plus shipping, if you use PayPal we will have to calculate out the total with shipping, and fees. Actually calculating the fees makes it cheaper and provides seller protection that you don't get with friend and family option.

Sale Pending
[s]Sold and Paid for, thank you.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
76-914
icon_bump.gif I saw some of these that were blacked out except the outer face of the ribs which were polished and sparkled. IIRC, the outer rim was polished too. A neat spoke effect, it was. They were beautiful. Very desirable! Nice OEM wheels will just increase in value. GLWS beerchug.gif
toolguy
Blacked out. . sounds like the cheap repo's on the market now. . not quite an exact copy but close. Here's a link to them. .
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C32-GBB
mepstein
If these were mine, I’d have them on earlySreg for $2500
bdstone914
Your shoe in untied. Don't trip in the lace. poke.gif
Free bump
76-914
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jan 19 2018, 10:30 PM) *

Blacked out. . sounds like the cheap repo's on the market now. . not quite an exact copy but close. Here's a link to them. .
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C32-GBB

Your probably right. Maybe it was a repo I saw. confused24.gif
burton73
I had a set back in 79 and polished one and it turned a light gray like engine cases as the magnesium aged. Not a very long time. So any thing with Bk and polished was a copy made of aluminum. If I had a non-flared car with 5 lugs I would have bought these, as the deal is very good.

I paid $600 for mine back in 79

Bob B

914forme
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 20 2018, 08:30 AM) *

Your shoe in untied. Don't trip in the lace. poke.gif
Free bump

laugh.gif Thanks Bruce, I always have these shoes untied. beer.gif

Mark: yes I agree I'd rather See the Mahles go onto a 914. I give people on this board first shot at my stuff. I like giving back to this community, you all have bailed my ass out lots of times. I wub.gif Mahles on a 914, but not as much as I drooley.gif for Mini Lites, shades.gif

Kent: you saw Repos as where pointed out. One nice thing about the repos they are made of Aluminum. Which means they can be widened much easier than the Magnesium counterparts. If anyone was looking for a 6.5" or 7" set of Mahles confused24.gif headbang.gif Get out of my head headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Bob: I have purchased several sets of these over the years. In the 80s you could get them at Stoddard's swap for $50 a piece. I went around an purchased all of them I could find at that price. Cleaned them up and sold them in the 90s for a nice little profit. I was in my 20s then, much easier for me to sit around and clean and prep wheels back then. Can still do it, but the day job now pays a lot better. Maybe in a few when I retire, I can sit around and prep wheels again. And if I do that then they will be on the EarlyS board, because well my time would still be worth something. Nah, I would rather do gauge work.

Oh piratenanner.gif sale is pending, if the deal falls through, I will take Mark's advice and move them over on the Early S board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.