Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visiting CA from Canada
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
I am visiting sunny San Diego from June 13 to 17. The wife is at a conference and I decided to tag along. I have already talked to Dr Evil about hooking up. I would love to see more than 1 914 in a row. Thats all I get here. Anybody who wants to BS about cars is more than welcome to get in contact with me at the Marriot hotel and marina. it would be great to put some faces to names as we didn't make it to the WCC.
drunk.gif
Dylan Wilkins
skline
Well, I only know of about 3 or 4 914 owners down in SD and one of them is moving away soon. You could always drive north about an hour or so and meet up with about 5 to 10 others up here near the OC. We could have a small get together for you at a popular place to eat or something.
lagunero
QUOTE (skline @ May 30 2005, 11:38 PM)
We could have a small get together for you at a popular place

yea, Scott's house!
Dr Evil
My birthday is the 16 so we should have a party on or arround that. Maybe at Scotts, but I need to see if my friends down here would be up to going up there.

Personally, I think that you all should come down here again.
Allan
I'll be down in that area during that time. Coming back through San Diego on the 14th.
JohnM
I'm good for anything going down June 13 or 14. John
fadler1
If you guys get together in SD, let me know since while I am listed as a Newbee on this site, I have had my restoration project for over two years. In between I was doing an MGB. I live here and gave up on 914 comrades since PCA seems to be mostly Cayenne people with too much money. I owned my first 914 in 1974-76 before Chicago salt collapsed the middle of the thing. I will watch if you plan SD.

Frederick
San Diego
MattR
Hmm, maybe we could incorperate a MattR engine startup party... my finals are done the 14th. I get my car back from paint this saturday. idea.gif
eeyore
QUOTE (JohnnyX @ May 31 2005, 10:36 AM)
I'm good for anything going down June 13 or 14.

Ditto
Aaron Cox
id have to schedule off of work. need a date
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 31 2005, 02:45 PM)
id have to schedule off of work. need a date

You have a job? wacko.gif
Joe Bob
You CAN GET a date?
Aaron Cox
dang....rag on aaron day dry.gif
mike_the_man
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 31 2005, 02:49 PM)
dang....rag on aaron day dry.gif

I think thats every day. At least there were no references to your sexuality! biggrin.gif

Dr Evil
Aarons sexuality reference is under my avatar wink.gif
Dr Evil
Oh ya, Welcome to the community (again) fadler1 wavey.gif
F4i
This is starting to sound like a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to meeting you guys. I will know what evenings I will be free when I am down there shortly. beerchug.gif
Allan
Okay, firmed up the date today. I'll be in San Diego Monday the 13th in the afternoon until Tuesday. See ya there....
siverson
Keep me in the loop if something gets planned, I could use a 914 fix... smile.gif

-Steve
bryanc
I'll be in San Diego on business 6/14 and 6/15, could we try for the 14th?
JohnM
I second the 14th but of course depends on F4i's schedule. I would be in for a parade pick-up and meet for brews as we did with tdgray last month (pic below). John
eeyore
icon_bump.gif

Somebody want to pick a date? Suggestions on meeting place?

Headrage (Allan) coming through on 13th (or 14th, hard to tell)
JohnnyX -- 13th, 14th
Cloudbuster (Mark) -- 13th, 14th or 16th (with advance notice)
Dr Evil (Mike) B-day on the 16th
BryanC -- 14th or 15th
fadler1
It seems that no one works.............but that is OK. Just call out where and when................
Allan
Change in plans for me. Vacation has to be pushed to the 16th so I can't be there. mad.gif
F4i
Wow I forgot to look at the board for a couple of days and thing start to take off. I am available during the day 14-17. I have to attend a couple of dinners with the wife on some of the evenings. The 15th is her b-day. I believe the 16th is Dr evils'. I will not have wheels and have never been to San Diego. I am thinking on renting a sportbike for a couple of days however. I will leave a cell number at the front desk so people can get in touch with me. The place should aslo have the net so I will log on. I look forward to meeting you guys. boldblue.gif
Allan
Hey that's right, the Evil ones birthday is on the 16th. We will be coming through SD that day and will have some time to sidetrack I'm sure. So whatcha got planned for your birthday Mike????
Dr Evil
I'm gonna be working on my car, or my bike, or my other car, or my other bike dry.gif

I am up for a meet/meat and greet, though. idea.gif

beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif
Allan
Cool, we can be in town around 12 - 1:00. Maybe an Armenian lunch at Mamma's.
Dr Evil
Armenian lunch chowtime.gif Where do I go?
F4i
I made it here. 619 234 1649 room 1502. givemebeer.gif
Dr Evil
How was dinner on the Midway?
F4i
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 14 2005, 11:14 PM)
How was dinner on the Midway?

It was very cool. They had the f4 simulators running, fireworks, tours,and a live stage show. How was Mexico? It's too bad we didn't get a chance to meet up again. Turns out Deanna has bronchitis.
Dr Evil
Sorry Dylan, I got very busy on Thurs. Sorry to hear about Deanna having bronchitis. It was still awsome to meet you, though. I hope we can work something out in the future for another meet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.