Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! I am addicted!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg Bell
Guys,

I need help. I have only had my 914 a week (although I had a 1.8 in high-school...many years ago) and I can't stop reading this site. I have found so much stuff on this page that it is getting sad. I read at the breakfast table, work, dinner, on the crapper, and some times in bed. I am losing it. But damn 914s are great. And this web site is awesome. smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Greg Bell @ May 30 2005, 10:56 PM)
I read at the breakfast table, work, dinner, on the crapper, and some times in bed. I am losing it.

welcome to the club! screwy.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
skline
on the crapper

Ok, you may have crossed a line with that one. Seek help, professional help, NOW
Dr. Roger
You read about 914's on the crapper too????

So i'm not the ony one....

Welcome back.
SirAndy
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ May 30 2005, 11:24 PM)
i'm not the ony one ...

and the quest for the "ony one" continues ...
skline
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 30 2005, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ May 30 2005, 11:24 PM)
i'm not the ony one ...

and the quest for the "ony one" continues ...

Andy is bored, can you tell?
JB 914
QUOTE (skline @ May 30 2005, 10:22 PM)
on the crapper

Ok, you may have crossed a line with that one. Seek help, professional help, NOW

if you had a laptop you would be doing it too Scott biggrin.gif
scruz914
QUOTE (Greg Bell @ May 30 2005, 09:56 PM)
...... on the crapper ......

The laptop would fall off when my legs go numb.

This place is addicting, welcome. Nice looking car. What color is the interior?

-Jeff
Greg Bell
Some sort of disco brown. I didn't like it at first, but it is slowly growing on me.
Aaron Cox
wifi is great....

yes- ive done the computer on the crapper thing too biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Joe Bob
I thought only the tight asses were constipated?
aircooledboy
QUOTE (Greg Bell @ May 30 2005, 11:56 PM)
I read . . ., on the crapper, and some times in bed.

I do both of those things all the time. confused24.gif w00t.gif Really the only spare time I have at home.

Oh, and: Welcome. Very nice car. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
Greg Bell
It is a good 10 feet car. Get any closer and 30+ years of wear and tear start to appear. It does get a lot of attention around this area though! rocking nana.gif

Awesome car to drive also. I have been driving an 02 GTI for the past few years. And although it is smoother and faster, the 914 more than makes up for it in handling. I forgot how fantastic these cars handled.
736conver
Is that car from ebay?? Originally WI??
Greg Bell
Yes, what is the terrible news!?! unsure.gif I drove her back to Georgia last weekend! driving.gif
736conver
Let me guess....Cracked windshield, no trim around windshield.
And you better check out the battery tray area and below.
I looked at the car last year. Really nice guy, but he really didnt know the problem areas on the car.
In fact that is my rear drivers taillight on the car. I gave it to him as the old was cracked bad.
I think the motor was rebuilt recently too. I dont remember.

I do remember it looked pretty nice though. But those other problems scared me away. Do you know if he went out of business now. I stop down there and noone was around.

Brian
Greg Bell
Yep,

It has had repair work done on the longitudinals, floorpans, etc. Even with the problems, it seems a bit cleaner than a lot of examples I have looked at over the years. The battery tray and the area under it is fine. However, there is still damage ( some) around the shelf. I plan on getting to that right away! sawzall-smiley.gif

Thanks for the tail light!
736conver
The guy was a mechanic so you would figure he took good care of it.
I would of bought it but just didnt have the cash at the time, plus he was a little higher in price last year.

Greg Bell
How much was he lookin' for last year?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.